You’ll fall in love with these super crispy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders!
At no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.Jump to Recipe
Dear Crispy Chicken,
I love you.
The secrets out! I cannot live without crispy chicken. I just can’t do it. There is something extra special about juicy chicken hidden inside a salty, crunchy shell. Ya feel me?
I’ve tried almond flour and I’ve tried parmesan cheese plus a combination of the two, and yes, they each taste amazing, but didn’t give me the crunch I was really looking for. So I turned to crushed pork rinds.
These Crunchy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders are what dreams are made of for a crunch-a-holic like myself.
No deep fryer or air fryer is needed to make these beauties super duper crunchy, the pork rinds crisp up beautifully when baked in the oven!
I hope you love these Crunchy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders as much as I do!
What you’ll need to make Crunchy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders
You won’t need a whole lot to make these delicious Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders.
To start you’ll need one bowl with an egg and some water. In another you’ll need crushed pork rinds, parmesan cheese, sea salt, ground black pepper, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder.
Lastly, you’ll need chicken tenders!
How to make Crunchy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders
These are super easy to make!
You’ll want to start by getting all the components ready.
Line a couple of baking sheets with non stick baking mats or parchment paper, and heat your oven to 400°.
Mix an egg with some water in a medium sized bowl or soup plate, and set aside.
In a medium bowl combine some crushed pork rinds with parmesan cheese, chili powder, sea salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix well and make sure to crush any big clumps of pork rinds into a finer crumble.
Now you are all set to go!
With one hand dunk a chicken tender into the egg mix then drop into the pork rind mix without touching it with your hand. Use the other hand to toss the chicken in the pork rinds then place on the baking sheet.
Continue until all the chicken has been coated.
You should have leftover egg and pork rinds. Double dip the coated chicken until all of the pork rinds have been used up.
Bake the coated chicken in the preheated oven for 16-20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the largest piece reads 180°.
Cool slightly then enjoy!
These Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders taste AMAZING on their own, however, I am a dippy kinda girl.
Here are a few low carb recipes recipes that taste amazing with these Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders:
Sides to pair with Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders
The possibilities are endless!
There are a ton of sides that would pair great with these Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders. Here is a list of my favourites:
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Avocado Fries with Chipotle Mayo
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon, Cheddar and Kale
- Tomato Basil Flatbread
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Mama Bear’s Garden Salad
Add these Crunchy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders to your appetizer night!
This recipe makes quite a few Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders, even I couldn’t possibly eat the whole batch!
Here are some ideas to use up those leftovers
- Top a salad with chopped up leftover Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders like a Kale Caesar with Homemade Caesar Dressing.
- Replace the chicken thighs with Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders in this Low Carb Chicken Wrap with Bacon and Avocado recipe for an epic lunch to-go.
- Make a 90 Second Keto Bread or an Everything Bagel and spread cream cheese on both sides. Chop up the leftover Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders and toss with some Low Carb BBQ Sauce. Pile it onto the bread and top with some spinach. Delicious Crunchy BBQ Chicken Sandwich for lunch.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help the process run smooth.
- Crush the pork rinds in a bag, using a rolling pin, to crush them quickly into a fine crumb.
- Don’t mix your hands up! You don’t want your egg hand to touch the crumbs or your crumb hand to touch the egg mixture. You’ll end up losing a lot of crumbs this way, which we want on the chicken, right?
- Check out the video below, right above the recipe card, to watch the whole process go down!
Love this recipe? Try these next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Check out how these beauties are made:
Crunchy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 100 g pork rinds crushed
- ½ c parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 x baking sheets with non stick baking mats or parchment paper
- 2 x medium bowls
- Heat oven to 400° and line the baking sheets with non stick mats or parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg mix together in a bowl and set aside.
- In the other bowl combine the breading ingredients and mix well. Crush any big clumps of pork rinds you find into a finer crumble.
- With one hand dunk a chicken tender into the egg mix then drop into the pork rind mix without touching it with your hand. Use the other hand to toss the chicken in the pork rinds then place on the baking sheet.
- Continue until all the chicken has been coated.
- Double coat the chicken until all the egg mix and breading have been used up.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the largest piece reaches 180°.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.Deduct fibre from the total carbs to get 1.6 g net carbs per serving.