Dinner just got a whole lot tastier.
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.Jump to Recipe
No joke, this is the best way to do baked boneless skinless chicken breast.
It’s incredibly juicy, super flavourful and the texture is spot on. Moist chicken, sweet and crispy bacon, melty cheese and bold bbq sauce all come together to create this epic dish!
You’ll love how easy these bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts come together. I hope you love these beauties as much as I do!
What do I need to make Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
You won’t need a lot!
Of course you’ll want to start with some boneless skinless chicken breasts. They are stuffed with aged white cheddar cheese or bocconcini, coated in bbq sauce and wrapped in bacon. Then you’ll need a little brown sugar or sukrin gold low carb sweetener ( for a low carb dish ) to sprinkle over the bacon.
How do you make chicken wrapped in bacon?
It’s so simple!
First step is to heat the oven to 375° and grate some aged white cheddar cheese or slice the balls of bocconcini in half.
Slice each breast in half horizontally, not all the way through, just to form a pocket inside each breast for the cheese.
Load the cheese into the chicken.
Lay two pieces of bacon down on a clean surface, side by side. Coat the chicken breast in 1 tbsp bbq sauce; I recommend a bold sauce. Low carb? Read down the post for my homemade low carb bbq sauce recipe.
Lay the breast over the bacon and wrap the bacon up so it covers the entire breast. Repeat for each breast then lay them evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle each breast with sukrin gold low carb sweetener or brown sugar.
Bake those beauties!
Watch the video to see how it’s done:
How long do you cook bacon wrapped stuffed chicken?
Bake Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts at 375° for about 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 180°.
If the bacon isn’t cripsy, turn the oven onto broil and bake for a couple of minutes until the bacon is to your liking.
Watch closely, you don’t want them to burn!
What type of cheese to use
Cheese! I love love love cheese! If I could, I would stuff cheese inside anywhere it would fit… have you seen my Prosciutto Bocconcini Stuffed Burgers recipe?
You can basically use whatever cheese you like for these Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
I like bocconcini for its ooey gooey stringyness. Bocconcini is fresh mozzarella! It’s delicious in many dishes such as salads or on top of pizza.
Aged white cheddar is an excellent choice as well. The sharpness pairs perfectly with the other lovely flavours going on in this dish.
Do you like blue cheese? I sure don’t, but I do know it would go great with these flavours if you like it!
Low Carb BBQ Sauce
Looking for a delicious low carb bbq sauce? I searched high and low for an easy store bought sauce without luck.
Finally I made my own, and let me tell you, it’s delicious!
It’s super easy to throw together and stores great in the refrigerator. Check out my Low Carb BBQ Sauce post for the recipe!
What goes with Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
There are so many sides I’d pair with these yummy breasts! Here’s a list of my favourites:
- Low Carb Green Beans with Bacon and Almonds
- Ranch Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheddar
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Low Carb Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheddar
- Low Carb Avocado Fries with Chipotle Mayo
Love this recipe? Try these next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese or 4 pc bocconcini
- 1/4 cup bold bbq sauce try this Low Carb BBQ Sauce
- 8 strips bacon
- 4 tsp brown sugar or sukrin gold low carb sweetener
- Heat the oven to 375°. If using bocconcini, slice each ball in half.
- Slice each breast in half horizontally, not all the way through, just to form a pocket inside each breast for the cheese.
- Load the grated cheddar or sliced bocconcini into the chicken.
- Lay two pieces of bacon down on a clean surface, side by side.
- Coat the chicken breast in 1 tbsp bbq sauce then lay the breast over the bacon and wrap the bacon up so it covers the entire breast. Repeat for each breast then place them inside the baking dish.
- Sprinkle each breast with sukrin gold low carb sweetener or brown sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-50 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 180°.
- The chicken will most likely produce a lot of juice. During the cooking process you can use a turkey baster to baste the bacon for extra delicious flavour.
- Keep removing the juice as the chicken cooks so that the bottom bacon crisp up.
- Save the juices for something yummy like a gravy or soup base!
- If the bacon still isn’t crispy after the chicken has reached 180°, turn the oven on broil for a couple of minutes, just until the bacon is crisped to your liking.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.If the low carb options are used: Deduct fibre ( 0.2g ) and sugar alcohols ( 1.5g ) from the total carbs ( 3.5g ) to get 1.8 g net carbs per breast.