This Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken is ridiculous… ridiculously delicious!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.Jump to Recipe
So I’ve been CRAZY happy about the Low Carb BBQ Sauce I recently created. It has me making all these delicious meals I normally wouldn’t be able to eat unless indulging on a cheat day!
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken was at the top of my list, and oh my goodness it was soooo good! My husband and I polished off the entire batch and were basically licking the slow cooker for any last remnants!
I used a 90 Second Keto Bread to sandwich the goods… AMAZING! I am truly obsessed with my 90 Second Keto Bread recipe. It’s so great to be able to eat burgers.. sandwiches.. you know, goodies from the ‘naughty list’.
This low carb Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken is going to be a regular on the menu from now on. I hope you love it as much as I do!
How to make low carb Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
Start by heating a skillet on medium high and seasoning boneless skinless chicken thighs with salt and pepper. When the skillet is hot, sear both sides of the chicken thighs, then add to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4.
When there is one hour remaining remove the thighs from the slow cooker and whisk your choice of barbecue sauce into the chicken juice. Pull the chicken thighs apart with a couple of forks before returning to the sauce. Mix well then cook for the additional hour.
Make the 90 Second Keto Breads, spread 1/2 tbsp mayo onto each slice then top with roughly 1/2 cup of the Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken.
Low Carb Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sauce
I have found that yummy low carb barbecue sauces are SUPER hard to come by. Unless you make it yourself. You see, I am very picky when it comes to BBQ sauces. I tried a few low carb options before creating my own beauty…
This Low Carb BBQ Sauce packs a punch of flavour without being spicy. It fits perfectly with this delicious Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken! I am seriously SOOOO excited about this recipe!!!
Low Carb Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken bun
For this Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken recipe I just had to use my favourite low carb bun.. this 90 Second Keto Bread!
Made from cheese, almond flour and egg, this bread is ready in minutes, tastes and acts like bread and is the perfect pal for this delicious Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken!
What to serve with Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken sandwiches?
There are a lot of low carb options that pair wonderfully with these Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken sandwiches. Here is a list of my favourites:
Love this recipes? Try these next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date with the latest and greatest!
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken – Low Carb
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup low carb bbq sauce
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 5 keto breads
- Heat a skillet on medium high and season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Once the skillet is nice and hot, sear the thighs, both sides until golden. Add to the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- One hour before the chicken is done cooking, take the chicken out of the slow cooker. Whisk the Low Carb BBQ Sauce into the chicken juice and using two forks, pull the thighs apart. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and mix into the sauce.
- When the chicken is done cooking make the 90 Second Keto Breads. Spread 1 tbsp mayo on each bun and about 1/2 cup of the pulled chicken. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.Deduct fibre (2.7 g) and sugar alcohols (3.9 g) from the total carbs to get 4.6 g net carbs per serving.