This Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken is ridiculous… ridiculously delicious!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
So I’ve been CRAZY happy about the Low Carb BBQ Sauce I recently created. It has me making all these delicious meals I normally wouldn’t be able to eat unless indulging on a cheat day!
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken was at the top of my list, and oh my goodness it was soooo good! My husband and I polished off the entire batch and were basically licking the slow cooker for any last remnants!
Why it works
- Juicy chicken slow cooked and dripping with a low carb bbq sauce? This Keto Pulled Chicken is drool worthy!
- We use keto bread to sandwich the goods together, making this pulled chicken a great low carb choice.
- Let the slow cooker do the heavy work in this easy Keto Pulled Chicken recipe!
- boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- low carb bbq sauce
- keto bread
Low Carb BBQ Sauce – I am obsessed with this homemade Low Carb BBQ Sauce. It is super easy to make and perfect for this Keto Pulled Chicken! If you have your own favourite low carb bbq sauce, go ahead and try it in this recipe.
How to make Slow Cooker Keto Pulled Chicken
Start by heating a skillet on medium high and seasoning boneless skinless chicken thighs with salt and pepper. When the skillet is hot, sear both sides of the chicken thighs, then add to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4.
When there is one hour remaining, remove the thighs from the slow cooker and whisk your choice of barbecue sauce into the chicken juice. Pull the chicken thighs apart with a couple of forks before returning to the sauce. Mix well then cook for the remaining hour.
Make the Keto Bread, spread 1/2 tbsp mayo onto each slice then top with roughly 1/2 cup of the Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken. Enjoy!
What to serve with Slow Cooker Keto Pulled Chicken sandwiches
There are a lot of low carb options that pair wonderfully with these Slow Cooker Keto Pulled Chicken sandwiches. Here is a list of my favourites:
- Low Carb Caesar Salad with Kale and Cheese Crisps
- Avocado Fries with Chipotle Mayo
- Ranch Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheddar
- Low Carb Onion Rings
- Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries
Here are some other low carb recipes you might like:
- Sandwich with Turkey, Bacon, Cheddar and Avocado
- Greek Turkey Burger
- Classic BLT
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Burgers
- 10 Minute Grilled Cheese
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken – Low Carb
- Heat a skillet on medium high and season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Once the skillet is nice and hot, sear the thighs, both sides until golden. Add to the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- One hour before the chicken is done cooking, take the chicken out of the slow cooker. Whisk the Low Carb BBQ Sauce into the chicken juice and using two forks, pull the thighs apart. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and mix into the sauce.
- When the chicken is done cooking make the 90 Second Keto Breads. Spread 1 tbsp mayo on each bun and about 1/2 cup of the pulled chicken. Enjoy!