Need a super quick low carb dinner idea?
You’ve landed on the right page!
At no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.Jump to Recipe
So, once again, my mom was teasing me with another one of her recipes.. She was going to make Tuna Melt which is a very magical dinner because besides how yummy and filling it is, tuna melt is also super quick and easy to throw together; Perfect for a weeknight meal after a busy day filled with kids activities or a long day at work.
My oldest has just started preschool! I can’t believe how fast time is flying by. My first baby… in school! Besides how crazy THAT is, she also happens to have swim lessons and dance class on the same days as her preschool.
Those days are complete mayhem, never mind trying to fit naps into the day for my youngest, so meals like this delicious Keto Tuna Melt are essential for being able to manage the craziness effectively!
This Keto Tuna Melt recipe has become a staple in my house! My kids and husband love it and I can have dinner on the table in MINUTES! Score for Mama!
What is in this Keto Tuna Melt?
This Keto Tuna Melt is very basic to appease the whole family. You could try diced up tomato, pickles or peppers in the tuna mix for an extra texture / flavour boost! In this Keto Tuna Melt there is tuna, mayo, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese and a 90 Second Keto Bread.
How to make Keto Tuna Melt
First step is to make the 90 Second Keto Bread and turn the oven on to broil. Open a can of tuna and drain the liquid out. Put half of the can into a bowl with some mayo, salt and pepper to taste. Mix with a fork.
Place the bread on a baking sheet and spread 1/2 tbsp mayo evenly on each piece of 90 second keto bread. Divide the tuna mixture between the two breads and top with the sprinkled cheddar cheese.
Broil in the oven for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese has melted and begun to bubble. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Is Tuna Good on Keto?
Tuna is great on the keto diet! There is zero carbs in tuna which of course is excellent. It is high is protein and low in fat, but when mixed with mayonnaise or olive oil to incorporate more fat, tuna is an excellent choice for keto.
Is mayonnaise ketogenic?
Yes mayonnaise is also great on the keto diet. There is only 0.1g carbs in 1 tbsp which is the best part. With 10g of fat and 0.1g protein in the same 1 tbsp, mayo is a great way to increase your fat intake without adding protein!
What goes with Keto Tuna Melt
These tuna melts are super filling on their own, but if you are looking for a delicious low carb side, here is a list of my favourites:
- Low Carb Hamburger Soup – Make a huge batch for the freeze, then simply reheat for a quick side dish!
- Kale Caesar Salad – Also ready in minutes
- Cauliflower Chowder with Cheddar and Bacon – This chowder takes about 40 minutes from start to finish, but is great re heated!
- Avocado Fries with Chipotle Mayo – just straight up delicious
- Cauliflower Potato Salad – Make this salad the day before for a quick side dish option!
Love this recipe? Try these next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Pin this recipe for later!
Keto Tuna Melt
- 1 keto bread
- 1/2 can tuna
- 3 tbsp mayo divided
- salt & pepper
- 2-3 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- Small bowl
- Can Opener and Fork
- Baking Sheet
- Make a 90 Second Keto Bread then turn the oven to broil.
- Open a can of tuna and drain the liquid out. Put half of the can into a bowl with 2 tbsp mayo and salt and pepper to taste. Mix with a fork.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and spread 1/2 tbsp mayo evenly on each piece of 90 second keto bread. Divide the tuna mixture between the two breads and top with the sprinkled cheddar cheese.
- Broil in the oven for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese has melted and begun to bubble. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.Deduct fibre from total carbs to get 2.5 g net carbs per serving.