Juicy chicken. Crispy coating. Dripping with saucy goodness. Do burgers get any better?
At no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Crispy chicken burgers are my absolute favourite when it comes to fast food.
Not that I eat fast food.
Well, there was that time a few months ago… I slunk through the joint, feeling rather guilty, especially after I inhaled a crispy chicken burger, basically without chewing.. or breathing.
Besides the guilt, it was pretty okay.
These Crispy Keto Chicken Burgers are soooo much more than ‘pretty okay’!
Not only do they have more flavour, they are completely guilt free! There isn’t a lot better than taking a naughty food and turning it into something more delicious and healthily homemade.
Having friends over?
These Crispy Keto Chicken Burgers are an excellent choice! I love to make these when I have company coming. They go great on a 90 Second Keto Bread or Low Carb Onion Buns, and I’ll buy brioche buns for my guests.
I hope you love these Crispy Keto Chicken Burgers as much as I do!
Why this recipe works
- Using chicken breast as opposed to ground chicken has, in my opinion, a much better texture. Plus you can get two burgers from each breast!
- The crushed pork rinds are ultra crunchy which makes for a perfect crust for these crispy keto chicken burgers.
- They are so tasty, your guests won’t know they are keto friendly!
- Leftover burger patties are excellent for wraps or sandwiches the next day.
Here is what you will need to make the patties for these Crispy Keto Chicken Burgers:
- Chicken breasts – either boneless skinless or debone them yourself and remove the skin.
- egg & water
- pork rinds
- parmesan cheese
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
Besides the patty, you can choose any sort of low carb bun or, they are delicious all by themselves. Further down the post are some yummy sauce ideas.
Crispy Keto Chicken Burger recipe
I love how easy it is to make a Crispy Keto Chicken Burger. Here is how to do it:
Heat your oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat or parchment paper.
Crush a 100g bag of pork rinds into a fine crumb. I find using a rolling pin really helps to get them crushed quickly and easily!
Throw the crushed pork rinds into a medium bowl with the parmesan cheese, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
Whisk an egg with some water in a bowl or soup plate and set aside.
Take your chicken breasts and cut them in half, horizontally, so that you get 6 chicken cutlets.
With one hand, dip a chicken cutlet into the egg mixture and toss into the pork rinds without touching them with your hand. Using your other hand, toss the chicken around in the pork rinds, then place onto the baking sheet.
Repeat for all 6 pieces of chicken.
Go back and double dip the chicken into the egg mixture and pork rinds until everything has been used up. I like to just do the top of the chicken first, to make sure each piece will get double dipped.
It’s only fair, right?
Bake for around 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 180°.
- Buy pork rinds in 100g bags such as the Old Dutch brand. This makes it easy to fly at the bag with a rolling pin so that those pork rinds are nice and crumbly.
- It’s easy to debone your own chicken breasts – I rarely buy boneless because they are so much more expensive! If you have never deboned chicken breast before, you may find this tutorial helpful.
- Use a digital meat thermometer! You want to make sure the internal temperature of each chicken burger reaches 180°. Uncooked chicken can contain salmonella – not a fun food poisoning, that’s for sure!
Buns and Sauce
Now that you’ve got the super yummy, ultra delicious, mouthwatering Crispy Keto Chicken Burgers, how should you enjoy them?
My go-to bun for these burgers would absolutely be a Low Carb Onion Bun, although a 90 Second Keto Bread is easy and delicious. Perhaps you have some Low Carb Bagels in the freezer? Those would be great too!
The best sauce for this Crispy Keto Chicken Burger would, hands down, be this Keto Honey Mustard. It’s seriously ridiculous. So good. Omg.
Side dishes to pair with Crispy Keto Chicken Burgers
Need a side idea? I’ve got you covered! Here are my favourite sides to pair with these low carb burgers:
- Kale Caesar Salad with Cheese Crisps
- Avocado Fries with Chipotle Mayo
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon, Cheddar and Kale
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries
- Ranch Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheddar
Got a leftover Crispy Keto Chicken Burger?
I often make a full recipe just so that I can have leftovers. I love this Crispy Keto Chicken Burger recipe so much!
Here are some yummy leftover ideas:
- Salad – Slice up a leftover keto chicken burger and add to your favourite salad for an added flavour / protein boost.
- BBQ Wrap – Spread cream cheese on a low carb tortilla. Chop up a leftover keto chicken burger and toss with Low Carb BBQ Sauce, then place on the tortilla with some lettuce and shredded aged cheddar. Wrap up and enjoy or siran wrap for lunch the next day.
- Eat cold, right from the fridge, dipped in some leftover Keto Honey Mustard, as quickly as you can so that no one sees you, because they already called dibs.
- Caesar Wrap – Fry some bacon and set aside to cool. Spread cream cheese over a low carb tortilla. Chop up a leftover Crispy Keto Chicken Burger and toss with some Homemade Caesar Dressing. Place on the tortilla with parmesan cheese, lettuce and the cooled bacon. Wrap up and enjoy or siran wrap for lunch the next day.
Love this recipe? Try these next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to stay up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Crispy Keto Chicken Burger
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 100 g pork rinds
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 x Baking Sheet and Non Stick Baking Mat or Parchment Paper
- Rolling Pin *optional
- 2 x Medium Bowl
- Digital Meat Thermometer
- Heat oven to 400° and line the baking sheet with a non stick baking mat or parchment paper.
- Crush the pork rinds into a fine crumb using a rolling pin.
- In a medium bowl combine the crushed pork rinds with parmesan, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg with water in a bowl or soup plate and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half, horizontally, so that you get 6 chicken cutlets.
- With one hand, dip a chicken cutlet into the egg mixture and toss into the pork rinds without touching them with your eggy hand. Using your other hand, toss the chicken around in the pork rinds, then place onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat for all 6 pieces of chicken.
- Go back and double dip the chicken into the egg mixture and pork rinds until everything has been used up.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 180°.