Do you like bacon and avocado?
If yes, welcome to the most delicious low carb appetizer you will ever taste!
At no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.Jump to Recipe
Crispy. Salty. Creamy. 100% addicting. These Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries are my weakness.
Seriously, when you make these, be sure you have at least 3 other people around to help, otherwise you’ll end up eating an entire pack of bacon and two avocados all to yourself.
I mean you’ve got crispy bacon wrapped around avocado wedges which turn creamy as they bake. Paired with ranch or chipotle mayo, it’s impossible to stop at just one.. or two.. or twenty four..
I know you’ll love these Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries as much as we do! If you make them for a party, you’ll have to let me know how long they lasted before being completely devoured!
What you’ll need to make Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries
I like to pair them with a yummy dip, but they are also delicious all by themselves!
Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries recipe
These beauties are nice and easy to whip up for a quick and delicious appetizer or snack. Here’s how to do it:
Heat your oven to 450° and line a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat or parchment paper.
Let’s get those avocado’s sliced up!
Be very careful when cutting into your avocado. One of the most common ways to cut your hand is from opening them up with a knife!
Watch the video below if you’ve never opened an avocado.
Start by cutting the avocado in half, circling around the pit in the center, then open the avocado.
Carefully remove the pit by pushing your knife into the pit, being sure your hands are way out of the way because the pit it slippery, then twist the knife to remove the pit.
Peel away the avocado skin, then slice each half into 6 wedges.
Take your 12 slices of bacon and chop them in half to create 24 pieces of bacon.
Wrap each avocado wedge with a piece of bacon, then place on the baking sheet, until all the avocado and bacon has been used up.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Halfway through the baking time, remove the baking sheet and carefully drain the grease into a glass or tin jar, then place back in the oven.
After the 12 minutes of baking, remove the fries and flip each over, then return to the oven for another 12 minutes of baking. Drain the grease halfway through this second baking time as well.
After the full 24 minutes are up, remove the fries and place each onto paper towel to absorb any extra bacon grease.
Serve while still warm with or without a yummy dip.
I know, it seems like a lot of draining grease, but the more grease left on the baking sheet, the less crispy these little fellas are.. and we want crisp, right?
Watch the whole thing go down:
Yummy dip ideas
There are loads of dips that would go great with these Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries! Here are a few of my favourites:
- Low Carb Ranch Dressing – this super creamy dressing pairs perfectly with the bacon and avocado!
- Chipotle Mayo – Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 1 tbsp chipotle sauce and 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- Garlic Aioli – Try this one from omgfood!
Low carb appetizers
There are so many delicious appetizers that happen to be low carb. These epic Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries are just the tip of the iceberg! Here are a few of my favourites:
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Crunchy Cheese Crackers with Cheese Slices and Salami
- Deviled Eggs
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Veggies and Ranch Dip
- Crispy Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip with Baked Tortilla Chips
Love this recipe? Try these next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries
- 2 avocados ripe but firm
- 12 slices bacon
- Heat oven to 450° and line a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove their pit. Peel away the skin then slice each half into 6 wedges.
- Chop the bacon slices in half, then wrap each avocado wedge with a half bacon slice and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Halfway through the baking time, remove the baking sheet and carefully drain the grease.
- Remove from the oven and flip the fries, then bake for an additional 12 minutes, draining the grease halfway through.
- Remove the fries from the oven and place each onto paper towel to absorb any extra bacon grease.
- Serve while still warm.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.Deduct fibre from the total carbs to get 1.7 g net carbs per serving of 6 fries.