Throw this Low Carb Korean Beef together in minutes and toss into the Instant Pot for a super fast and easy weeknight meal!
At no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
There isn’t a lot I love more than coming home late from errands and/or the kids activities and being able to toss dinner together in minutes for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Plus it’s just so dang delicious.
So. Dang. Delicious.
Beef chunks pressure cooked in a super tasty sauce that you can pour over cauliflower rice or, my favourite, fill into butter lettuce wraps or over a crunchy Low Carb Asian Slaw?
So. Dang. Delicious! I hope you love this Instant Pot Low Carb Korean Beef as much as my family and I do!
Why this recipe works
- It’s fast and easy! What is better than coming home from a long day and having dinner on the table in 35 minutes?
- Another fabulous recipe for that Instant Pot!
- We use whole ingredients to make this delicious recipe healthy and hearty.
- There are multiple ways to enjoy this Korean Beef which makes it great for when you have leftovers.
To make this Instant Pot Low Carb Korean Beef you’ll need:
- either a big ol’ steak or some beef stew meat
- beef broth
- soy sauce
- sukrin gold low carb sweetener
- rice vinegar
- sesame oil
- fresh ginger
- onion powder
- red pepper flakes
- ground black pepper
- xanthan gum
What is sukrin gold?
Sukrin Gold low carb sweetener is a… you guessed it… low carb sweetener! It is made with erythritol which is sugar free and is made to mimic brown sugar.
What is xanthan gum?
Xanthan Gum is a popular addivitve for low carbers because it has two great uses – you can thicken gravies, soups and sauces with nothing but a pinch of the stuff. Also, xanthan gum works as a stabilizer so helps to bind dough together! SO great. I use it to make my Keto Calzones.
Instant Pot Low Carb Korean Beef recipe
Add beef broth, soy sauce, sukrin gold, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, onion powder, red pepper flaked and pepper to the Instant Pot and whisk until fully combined.
Chop the beef into small cubes and toss with the sauce. Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and make sure the steam release valve is set to the sealed position.
Pressure cook for 20 minutes then, using the necessary safety precautions, quick release. Once the pin has dropped you can remove the lid.
Whisk sesame oil with xanthan gum and mix into the beef. Leaving the lid off, turn the Instant Pot to the saute mode so that it comes to a simmer. Cook for a couple of minutes until the korean beef has thickened.
- Dice the beef into small little cubes rather than larger cubes. Texture wise, this is more appealing.
- Make sure the steam release valve is in the correct sealed position before you begin the pressure cook setting. If it is open, the Instant Pot will not come to full pressure.
- Be cautious when flipping the steam release valve to open after the pressure setting has completed. The steam that is released is very strong, so I urge you to use kitchen gloves and dodge out of the way after the valve has opened.
What pairs with Low Carb Korean Beef
I find this dish versatile which is great when you’ve got leftovers. Here are my favourite ways to enjoy Low Carb Korean Beef:
- Cauliflower Rice with some cashews for garnish.
- Low Carb Asian Slaw – pour beef right over slaw or use slaw for filling in butter lettuce wraps
- Chop up any leftovers and toss in with your scrambled eggs in the morning!
- Korean Beef Tacos – use this meat instead of taco meat in these four different ways to do tacos.
Check out these other Instant Pot recipes:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Instant Pot Low Carb Korean Beef
- Peel ginger and grate using the finer side or mince. Peel the garlic and mince or press through a garlic press.
- Add the beef broth, soy sauce, sukrin gold, rice vinegar, 2 tsp sesame oil, ginger, garlic, onion powder, red pepper flakes and black pepper to the Instant Pot and whisk until fully combined.
- Chop the beef into small cubes and toss with the sauce. Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and make sure the steam release valve is set to the sealed position.
- Pressure cook for 20 minutes then, using the necessary safety precautions, quick release. Once the pin has dropped you can remove the lid.
- Whisk 1 tsp sesame oil with xanthan gum and mix into the beef. Leaving the lid off, turn the Instant Pot to the saute mode so that it comes to a simmer. Cook for a couple of minutes until the korean beef has thickened.