Ready in just 5 minutes, this Keto Italian Dressing is a crazy flavourful addition to bring any salad. It’s easy to make and uses every day ingredients.
Italian has always been my #1 favourite dressing for any type of salad. I love tasting all the different ‘house Italians’ that you find at restaurants and of course, have always enjoyed having my very own bottle at home.
This Keto Italian Dressing is Mama Bear’s very own House Italian, tweaked a little bit to go from a healthy, homemade dressing to one that is keto friendly.
It is made with few ingredients you may even already have at home, and ready in the ‘blitz’ of an eye!
I hope you love this Keto Italian Dressing as much as I do!
Why it works
1. Using fresh ingredients like lemon and garlic bring a, well, fresher flavour!
2. With the use of an immersion blender, this dressing has a creamier texture and the oil can be mixed in a lot better than with just a whisk.
3. Dijon mustard adds a depth of flavour and tang to the vinegars and oil.
I love how simple this dressing is. No need to hit up the grocery store unless I run out of the staples I always keep on hand. This is all you will need to make Keto Italian Dressing:
- clove of garlic
- a lemon – to juice
- dijon mustard
- powdered erythritol / monk fruit sweetener
- Italian seasoning
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
How to make Keto Italian Dressing
It’s so simple to make!
Start by juicing the lemon, then peel the garlic and either mince it or run it through a garlic press.
Add the lemon juice, garlic, dijon mustard, powdered erythritol / monk fruit sweetener, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red wine vinegar to the cup of an immersion blender.
Puree the dressing for a few moments with an immersion blender, then, while the immersion blender is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
If you do not have an immersion blender, this dressing can just be whisked together, but it won’t come out quite the same.
1. Use a lemon juicer to avoid getting lemon juice into any little cuts you may never even knew you had! It also saves you the annoying task of diving into that produced lemon juice and fish out all the seeds that slipped past – they are slippery little stinkers! I like this one from amazon because it is easy to clean and the juice pours into a little measuring cup!
2. I find an immersion blender invaluable when it comes to mixing vinaigrette dressings like this. You are to whip the oil into the vinegar quickly as you pour the oil in, which saves a lot of time and effort. If you just dump the oil in and slowly whisk, the oil will not be able to mix entirely into the vinegar; the oil will adhere to itself instead.
There are a lot of delicious salads you can make with this Keto Italian Dressing. Here are a couple ideas:
Green Salad with Chicken – One of my favourites, this green salad features whatever fresh veggies I have on hand. My favourites to use are red pepper, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, carrots (if macros allow), radishes, cucumber, celery, and avocado. I like to add Lemon Herb Chicken Thighs, feta cheese and roasted almonds.
Italian Chopped – This gorgeous salad has chopped romaine, red onion, artichokes, olives, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, feta cheese and prosciutto salad. It is, hands down, my husband’s favourite salad. Get the recipe!
This Keto Italian Dressing is also excellent as a marinade!
Try it as a marinade for chicken or prawns. Add them to a large ziploc and marinate for 1 – 24 hours, then remove the meat from the marinade and toss onto the barbecue.
So easy and delicious!
Frequently asked questions
I’ve put together some frequently asked questions and if I have missed anything, feel free to drop your question in the comment section below the recipe card. I’ll answer it as quickly as I can!
How long will this dressing last?
This Keto Italian Dressing will last about two weeks if kept in an air tight container in the fridge. You can use a jar with a tight fitting lid or an old dressing container that has been cleaned.
What dressings can you eat on keto?
Store bought salad dressing can be loaded with preservatives, sugar and other ingredients that are not keto friendly. For this reason, I like to make my own.
Besides this Italian Dressing, here are some other delicious salad dressing recipes that are keto approved:
What is the healthiest dressing?
Carbs and calories aside, this Keto Italian Dressing would be the healthiest of the three because of the individual ingredients. Lemon, garlic, vinegar and olive oil are all very good for you!
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Keto Italian Dressing
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp powdered erythritol / monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Juice the lemon and add to the cup of an immersion blender.
- Peel the garlic, press it with a garlic press or mince, then add to the cup.
- Add the dijon, sweetener, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and vinegar, then puree with the immersion blender until smooth.
- With the immersion blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until fully combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.