Bring these low carb baked chicken wings to your next bbq or potluck and you’ll be making some new friends!
At no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.Jump to Recipe
No joke, these Low Carb Baked Chicken Wings are sooo delicious it’s a bit ridiculous. The dry rub is packed with flavour and so addicting it’s a bit overwhelming. I find myself fighting my husband to get my fair share of these little beauties before he inhales the whole batch!
Normally, I always make wings with my homemade Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade, but I was completely out of soy sauce! I know, I have no idea how that happened, but I sure am glad it did, because these epic Low Carb Baked Chicken Wings are now my favourite way to do wings.
The inspiration came from my Low Carb Rib Rub. I was curious to see how well that sort of rub would go with chicken wings. Experiment successful, I’m so excited to introduce you to these Low Carb Chicken Wings with an Epic Dry Rub!
I hope you love these as much as we do, let me know in the comment section below what you think!
What you’ll need to make these Low Carb Baked Chicken Wings
Besides the wings themselves, you’ll need 9 other ingredients which you may already have them on hand:
Sukrin gold low carb sweetener, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, sea salt, paprika, cumin and cayenne.
Sukrin Gold is a low carb sweetener that is made to mimic brown sugar. I use it a lot like in my BBQ Sauce or Pulled Pork. I buy Sukrin Gold from Amazon but it can also commonly be found in grocery stores with the other low carb sweeteners.
Low Carb Baked Chicken Wings recipe
This is a super fast and simple recipe for low carb baked chicken wings.
Heat your oven to 425°. Combine the rub ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Toss the chicken wings into the rub and mix until the wings have been fully coated and there is no more remaining spices left in the bowl.
Evenly space the chicken wings out on a parchment or non stick sheet lined baking sheet. Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the chicken wings are nice and crispy.
Cool slightly before serving.
*If you prefer your wings juicy, just bake until the internal temperature reaches 180°.
Wing Dip Ideas
These delicious Low Carb Baked Chicken Wings are so packed with flavour that you really don’t need a dip to enjoy them. But, if you are like me, you’ll take any chance you can to submerge yummy food in saucy goodness. Here are a couple dip ideas for these wings:
- Ranch Dressing. There are a lot of ranch dressings that are low in carbs you can buy off the shelf, just check the labels before you buy one, but why not make your own? I love this Homemade Low Carb Ranch Dressing!
- Chipotle Mayo. Combine mayonnaise with 1 tbsp chipotle hot sauce and 1/4 tsp sea salt. So easy, right? My favourite chipotle hot sauce brand is Cholula.
- Keto Honey Mustard. I have a serious obsession with honey mustard so you can imagine my excitement when I discovered this sugar free honey substitute! The first this I made with it was honey mustard. Yum!
What goes with Low Carb Baked Chicken Wings
Then there is appetizer night which is a family favourite. Here are some other appetizer ideas to pair with these wings:
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip
- Tomato Basil Flatbread
- Deviled Eggs
- Veggies and Dip
- Crackers with Salami and Cream Cheese
Love this recipe? Try these next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Low Carb Baked Chicken Wings with Epic Dry Rub
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp sukrin gold low carb sweetener
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- Baking Sheet with Non Stick Baking Mat or Parchment Paper
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Heat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the rub ingredients and mix well. Add the chicken wings and mix well until all the rub has been mixed into the wings. Place the chicken wings evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, flipping halfway, until the chicken wings are nice and toasty.
- Cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.Deduct fibre ( 0.9g ) and sugar alcohols ( 1g ) from the total carbs to get 1.6 g net carbs per 1/2 lb.