This delicious appetizer is quick to whip up and absolutely delicious!
The best part?
It’s totally low carb!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
I LOVE appie night! It’s one of the most anticipated events in my home.. even though we do it, like, weekly.. There’s just something so fun about sitting around a table crammed full of food. I generally go a bit over board and usually feel a little too full after every ‘event’, the temptation is too much too handle!
All the deviled eggs, crunchy veggies, dips, spreads, different cuts of meat and cheeses? Gah I need another plate right now!
Lately we’ve been missing out on the pizza bites I used to make with baguettes, so I decided to give these Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Bites a shot.. oh boy.. we DEVOURED them! I used my Keto Flatbread recipe for the base and went from there. These beauties are now featured in our apple night every time!
How to make Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Bites
Heat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a microwave safe mixing bowl combine mozzarella cheese, almond flour, sea salt, spicy spaghetti seasoning and mix well. Cut cream cheese into small cubes and place on top of the mixture.
Microwave for 45 seconds, stir with a wooden spoon and cook for an additional 20 seconds. Stir, add an egg and mix until the egg is fully combined into the dough.
Brush the parchment paper with olive oil. Dump the dough onto the baking sheet and, using your fingers, push the dough out to form the flatbread.
Bake for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and very carefully, flip the flatbread over so that the top becomes the bottom.
Cover the flatbread with pizza sauce, grated mozzarella, pepperoni. Bake for a few minutes longer until the cheese is bubbly.
Slice and enjoy!
Low Carb Pizza Sauce
Unfortunately pizza sauce usually contains sugar. To stay on track with your keto / low carb goals, it’s a good idea to either make your own low carb pizza sauce or buy one!
Because life is busy, I usually buy mine rather than make it. Pizza night in my house is me taking the night off because my Fathead Pizza Crust recipe is soooo easy! I always buy Rao’s pizza sauce. I love the flavour and how it’s only 2g net carbs per 1/3 cup!
Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Bite Dip
The possibilities are endless!
My favourite dip for these low carb pepperoni pizza bites is definitely ranch dressing. There’s just something extra delish about pepperoni, pizza sauce and ranch dressing. These beauties would also be great with creamy caesar dressing, chipotle mayo or garlic aioli.
What’s your favourite dip for pizza?
Can Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Bites be made ahead?
They sure can!
If you have a lot on the go, these low carb pizza bites can easily be made ahead of time. They don’t have to be hot to be delicious, however, can be reheated in the oven if you want to serve them hot!
I’ve also eaten them cold right from the fridge with great success on the deliciousness meter.
What to pair with Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Bites
Even though these are meant to be an appetizer, who says you can’t eat a batch of these by themselves for lunch? Yum! Or maybe you could pair them with a Kale Caesar Salad drenched with Creamy Caesar Dressing and use the leftover dressing as the dip for these delicious Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Bites!
If you are looking for low carb appetizer idea, here is a list of my favourites:
- Deviled Eggs
- Wings with Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce
- Sliced meats and cheeses with Low Carb Cheese Crackers
- Veggies and Ranch Dip
- Hot Bean and Cheese Dip
- Avocado Fries with Chipotle Mayo
Love this recipe? Try these low carb ideas next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest!
Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/3 cup Rao’s pizza sauce
- 8 slices pepperoni (60 grams)
- Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Cheese Grater
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Heat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a microwave safe mixing bowl combine 3/4c mozzarella cheese, almond flour, sea salt, spicy spaghetti seasoning and mix well. Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and place on top of the mixture.
- Microwave for 45 seconds, stir with a wooden spoon and cook for an additional 20 seconds. Stir, add the egg and mix until the egg is fully combined into the dough.
- Brush 1/2 tbsp olive oil on the parchment paper. Dump the dough onto the baking sheet and, using your fingers, push the dough out to form the flatbread.
- Bake for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and very carefully, flip the flatbread over so that the top becomes the bottom.
- Cover the flatbread with the pizza sauce, 1/2c grated mozzarella, the pepperoni and then the remaining 1/4c grated mozzarella. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
- Slice into 12 sections and enjoy!