Are you craving a yummy flatbread yet on the keto diet? You’ve gotta try this deliciously Cheesy Keto Flatbread recipe! Have it ready in just 20 minutes for a fast and easy dish that is perfect for appetizer night or to pair with a hot bowl of soup.
This post was originally published on September 23, 2018 and has been updated with fresh content and images, though the recipe itself remains perfectly untouched.
You know, I really don’t miss wheat flour bread at all. I always hated the crazy bloat I would get every time I ate it. For a long time I just skipped the bread completely, that is, until I created a 90 Second Keto Bread that changed my life.
Next came a Fathead Pizza Crust, and then this delicious Cheesy Keto Flatbread! There had been sooo many times I had wished for a flatbread, especially to accompany hearty soups and salads, or to add to our ‘appetizer night’. So I was pretty excited when I finally created this delicious Cheesy Keto Flatbread recipe! Appetizer night just got a whole lot better!
Why it works
- Flatbread? On the Keto diet? Amazing! Give this Cheesy Keto Flatbread recipe a try for guilt free indulgence!
- Ready in 20 minutes from start to finish, this Keto Flatbread is fast to make.
- Loaded with cheesy goodness and spicy spaghetti seasoning for flavour, this Keto Flatbread is super tasty! Try it dipped in balsamic vinegar dip or homemade Sugar Free Pizza Sauce.
- olive oil
- almond flour
- sea salt
- spicy spaghetti seasoning
- cream cheese
- an egg
- cheddar cheese
Spicy Spaghetti Seasoning – Although Clubhouse makes an excellent variation, I prefer to make my own Spicy Spaghetti Seasoning! It’s easy, has many uses and absolutely delicious! I love to add this to my Fathead Pizza Crust and Low Carb Biscuits because it adds such a tasty flavour. Don’t have any/don’t want to make it? Simply swap it for Italian seasoning.
How to make keto flatbread
Heat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread 1/2 tbsp olive oil evenly over the parchment paper and set it aside.
In a medium bowl combine grated mozzarella, almond flour, sea salt and spicy spaghetti seasoning. Mix well, then place cubed cream cheese on top.
Microwave on high for 45 seconds, stir, microwave for an additional 20 seconds then stir again. Add an egg and mix until the egg has been completely combined.
Turn dough out onto the oiled parchment paper. Using your hands, work the dough out to form a rectangle, making the dough rough and bumpy.
Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese evenly over the dough.
Bake for 14-18 minutes, until the bread has begun to brown and the cheese has melted and bubbled.
- If the cheese has not completely melted after the two sets of microwaving, put the bowl back in for an additional 20 seconds to ensure it has melted.
- This dough can be very sticky, so tricky to work with. If this is the case, oil your hands with olive oil.
- Working the dough out with your hands rather than rolling with a rolling pin creates the proper flatbread texture.
- This Keto Flatbread can burn quickly so check it at the 14 minute mark and go from there.
What to pair with Cheesy Keto Flatbread
- Low Carb Caesar salad with Kale and Cheese Crisps
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Low Carb Hamburger Soup
- Instant Pot Low Carb Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Homemade Sugar Free Pizza Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar Dip – Use a soup plate or a special dish made for balsamic vinegar dip. Add about 2 parts olive oil and then 1 part balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle your choice spices on top such as garlic powder, sea salt, oregano, thyme, rosemary and/or basil.
Here are some other keto friendly breads you might like:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Cheesy Keto Flatbread
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp spicy spaghetti seasoning
- 2 tbsp cream cheese cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Medium Size Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Heat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the oil evenly over the parchment paper and set aside.
- In the medium bowl combine the mozzarella, almond flour, sea salt and spicy spaghetti seasoning. Mix well, then place the cubed cream cheese on top.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds, stir, microwave for an additional 20 seconds then stir again. Add the egg and mix until the egg has been completely combined.
- Turn dough out onto the oiled parchment paper. Using your hands, work the dough out to form a rectangle, making the dough rough and bumpy. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the dough.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the bread has begun to brown and the cheese has melted and bubbled.
- Slice into 6 wedges and dive in!