Are you craving a yummy flatbread yet on the keto diet? You’ve gotta try this deliciously Cheesy Keto Flatbread recipe!
At no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.Jump to Recipe
Flatbread? On the Keto diet? Amazing! Give this Cheesy Keto Flatbread recipe a try for guilt free indulgence!
You know, I really don’t miss wheat flour bread at all. I always hated the crazy bloat I would get every time I ate it. For a long time I just skipped the bread completely, that is, until I created a 90 Second Keto Bread that changed my life.
Next came a Fathead Pizza Crust, and now this delicious Cheesy Keto Flatbread! There has been sooo many times I had wished for a flatbread, especially to accompany hearty soups and salads, or to add to our ‘appetizer night’. So I was pretty excited when I finally created this delicious Cheesy Keto Flatbread recipe! Appetizer night just got a whole lot better!
What is in keto flatbread?
This delicious Cheesy Keto Flatbread has mozzarella, almond flour, sea salt, cream cheese, spicy spaghetti seasoning and an egg.
How to make keto flatbread
Heat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the olive oil evenly over the parchment paper and set it aside.
In a medium bowl combine some grated mozzarella, almond flour, sea salt and spicy spaghetti seasoning. Mix well, then place some cubed cream cheese on top.
Microwave on high for 45 seconds, stir, microwave for an additional 20 seconds then stir again. Add an egg and mix until the egg has been completely combined.
Turn dough out onto the oiled parchment paper. Using your hands, work the dough out to form a rectangle, making the dough rough and bumpy. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese evenly over the dough.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the bread has begun to brown and the cheese has melted and bubbled.
Tip and Tricks
- If the cheese has not completely melted after the two sets of microwaving, put the bowl back in for an additional 20 seconds to ensure it has melted.
- If the dough is too sticky, try oiling your hands with olive oil. This will make it much easier to work with!
- Working the dough out with your hands rather than rolling with a rolling pin creates the proper flatbread texture.
What goes with keto flatbread
There are loads of dishes that go great with this Cheesy Keto Flatbread. Here are a few ideas:
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Chicken or Turkey dinner using this Perfect Turkey Rub
- Mama Bear’s Garden Salad
- Balsamic Vinegar Dip
Or any of these low carb soups:
- Cauliflower Chowder with Cheddar and Bacon
- Hamburger Soup
- Fully Loaded Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco
Balsamic vinegar dip for keto flatbread
When I was a child, balsamic vinegar dip was mandatory in my house when any type of flatbread or focaccia was baked.
I have kept the tradition alive and truly believe that flatbread should never be without it’s best friend, balsamic vinegar dip, unless it’s baked to dip into soup or chilli.
Use a soup plate or an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dipping plate.
I like to do about one part balsamic vinegar to 2 parts olive oil. After you have poured how much of each you like into your dish, sprinkle the top with your spices of choice. I like to use sea salt, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, rosemary and basil. All you’ll need is about pinch of each! YUM!
Love this recipe? Try these next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Cheesy Keto Flatbread
- Medium Size Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Heat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the oil evenly over the parchment paper and set aside.
- In the medium bowl combine the mozzarella, almond flour, sea salt and spicy spaghetti seasoning. Mix well, then place the cubed cream cheese on top.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds, stir, microwave for an additional 20 seconds then stir again. Add the egg and mix until the egg has been completely combined.
- Turn dough out onto the oiled parchment paper. Using your hands, work the dough out to form a rectangle, making the dough rough and bumpy. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the dough.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the bread has begun to brown and the cheese has melted and bubbled.
- Slice into 6 wedges and dive in!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.Deduct the fibre from the total carbs to get 1.3 g net carbs per serving.