An epic fully loaded low carb chili with all the flavour and none of the wait time!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!
I freaking LOVE chili!
The different textures, flavours and aromas all sing to my heart. Ground meats, juicy sausage, beautifully textured pinto and kidney beans. Wait.. we can’t do beans.. can we?
🎶 Crying a river
It’s okay, it’s okay, I’ve made it up by adding 3 types of delicious meat all with different textures and flavours, low carb vegetables and some black soy beans!
And ohhhh boy, dang-a-lang, this chili is SO DELICIOUS!
Soy is not strict keto approved but these little black soy beans are low carb and share the exact texture profile as black beans! So exciting! If you are following a strict keto diet, you can skip them, but if you are eating low carb, enjoy these little beauties whenever you are craving beans!
I hope you love this fully loaded Instant Pot Low Carb Chili as much as I do!
What ingredients you’ll need to make this Low Carb Chili
Three types of meat.. say whaaa?!
Yup, amazing right?
I like to load my low carb chili with ground beef, italian susage links and pulled pork! They not only bring different flavours to the chili, but a wide variety of texture which I believe is super important.
There is also onion, garlic, black soy beans, diced tomatoes, beef broth, celery, chili powder, paprika, cumin, sea salt, ground black pepper, liquid hickory smoke, sukrin gold, a red pepper and a couple of jalapenos.
Sounds good, right?
How to make low carb chili
Heat your instant pot on the sauté mode with a tbsp of avocado oil. Once hot, add the sausage links and cook until the sausage is fully cooked, turning often to sear all sides, then remove from the pot and set aside.
Add the onion, celery and red pepper to the hot pot. Cook until the onion is translucent then add the ground beef, jalapeños, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic. Chop the italian sausage into slices, add to the pot and continue to cook until the beef is no longer pink.
*Be careful with the jalapeños for two reasons:
1. The juice burns your skin easily. Either use gloves or wash your hands with olive oil before washing again with soap and water.
2. The seeds have a beautiful heat, but can be too intense if too much is added. I like to add 1/2 the seeds for a fairly spicy dish. If you don’t like spice, discard all of the seeds and if like it super spicy, add them all.
Pour in the beef broth, give it a stir, and scrap any little blackened bits from the bottom of the instant pot that may have collected from sautéing. It is important none are left behind or you could get the dreaded BURN error.
Without stirring add the pulled pork, rinsed black soy beans, diced tomatoes and hickory smoke.
Turn the steam release valve to the sealed position and turn the instant pot on to high pressure for 25 minutes. Once fully cooked allow the instant pot to naturally release for 10 minutes, then using the necessary precautions, quick release.
If the chili is not as thick as you like, the pot can be turned on to the saute mode for a couple of minutes until the chili has reduced to your liking.
Stir in the sukrin gold and serve hot. Garnish with grated cheddar or sour cream if you like!
What to serve with Low Carb Chili
There are lots of delicious side dishes to pair with Low Carb Chili. Here is a list of my favourites:
Can you have chili on a low carb diet?
This is a super common question from low carbers… Can you have chili on a low carb diet?
The answer is heck yes!
Where we get into trouble is what Kind of chili you can have on a low carb diet. Beans are out, unfortunately, so it would be wise to skip any chili that isn’t made by you.
This recipe is great for low carbers!
Low Carb Pulled Pork
Who doesn’t love mouthwatering pulled pork? I not only love the stuff, but I think it makes this epic Instant Pot Low Carb Chili the best low carb chili ever!
Check out this Instant Pot Pulled Pork for a delicious Low Carb recipe.
Don’t want to? You can either replace the pulled pork with cooked chicken or turkey, or skip the meat completely.
Black Soy Beans
Like stated above, black soy beans do not fit into a strict keto lifestyle because soy products are not nice list.
Black soy beans are completely low carb, but if you are following a keto diet, you can just skip them.
I like to use the Eden Organic Black Soy Beans for all my beanie needs. Check out this epic Instant Pot Low Carb Refried Beans recipe using these little gems or this Low Carb Hot Bean and Cheese Dip! Yum!
Love this recipe? Try these next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter for the latest and greatest recipes!
Instant Pot Low Carb Chili – Fully Loaded Deliciousness
- 1 tbsp avocado oil divided
- 3/4 lb Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
- 3/4 lb italian sausage
- 3/4 ground beef
- 1 small white onion diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 2 jalapeños diced. **see notes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can Eden black soy beans rinsed
- 1 x 400ml can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp hickory smoke
- 2 tsp sukrin gold
- Heat the instant pot on sauté mode with a tbsp of avocado oil. Once hot, sear all sides of the sausage links, flipping every minute or so.
- Once the sausage is cooked, remove from the pot and add the onion, celery and red pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent then add the ground beef, jalapeños, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic. Chop the italian sausage into slices, add to the pot and continue to cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Pour in the beef broth, give it a stir, and scrap any little blackened bits from the bottom of the instant pot that may have collected from sautéing. It is important none are left behind or you could get the dreaded BURN error.
- Without stirring add the pulled pork, rinsed black soy beans, diced tomatoes and hickory smoke. Secure the lid of the instant pot.
- Turn the steam release valve to the sealed position and turn the instant pot on to high pressure for 25 minutes. Once fully cooked allow the instant pot to naturally release for 10 minutes, then using the necessary precautions, quick release.
- Stir in the sukrin gold and serve hot!