Have you been craving chicken parmesan and spaghetti yet sticking to a low carb diet? Then this meal is for you! This Low Carb Chicken Parmesan with Zoodles recipe is everything you’ve been missing – without the carbs!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan with Zoodles
Jump to Recipe
So my mom is seriously the best cook around. I LOVE when she invites me over for dinner; she’s always cooking up something healthy and delicious! We talk on the phone every day, even if she pops in for a few minutes to hang with my girls, and one thing we always talk about is ‘what’s for dinner on your end?’ She’s been super annoying me lately because she keeps making her epic Chicken Parmesan! Crusted with flour and parmesan, smothered in pasta sauce and dumped onto a big ol’ bowl of spaghetti!
Enough was enough, and I decided I WOULD make her delicious dish.. LOW CARB! The biggest thing I was afraid of was the dreaded Zoodles – zucchini noodles.
I have made a few terrible low carb dishes lately, if you are into the low carb scene I’m sure you’ve come across the ‘low carb grilled cheese’ where you use cauliflower instead of bread? Disgusting. Or the zucchini fries? Nasty. So of course I was super hesitant to make these zucchini noodles… Oh my goodness you guys… THEY WERE SO GOOD!!!! Serious excitement on this end!
This epic Low Carb Chicken Parmesan with Zoodles features perfectly cooked zucchini noodles with your favourite low carb pasta sauce and topped off with some delicious parmesan and almond flour crusted chicken cutlets! Drool worthy!
How to make chicken parmesan
Cut a couple of chicken breasts in half horizontally so that you end up with four cutlets. Season with salt and pepper.
In one shallow bowl combine the parmesan, almond flour, sea salt, garlic powder and a pinch of black pepper. In the second bowl whisk an egg with heavy cream, black pepper and sea salt. Dip each cutlet in the egg mix and then the parmesan mixture.
Heat a skillet on medium-low with olive oil. Once hot, fry the cutlets until they are beautifully crispy on both sides, this will take about 15 minutes.
Add the chicken parmesan to a big ol’ bowl of zoodles and low carb pasta sauce. Yum!
How to make zoodles
I just bought this nifty tool – a vegetable spiralizer! It’s great for creating fancy carrots and beets for salads and of course Zoodles! I honestly cannot believe I’ve gone this long without one. Oh the things we will do!
Using the spiralizer on the medium setting, shred a couple of zucchinis into zoodles.
Heat a skillet on medium heat with some olive oil. Toss the zoodles with salt and pepper and dump into the hot skillet. Cook for about five minutes until the zoodles are perfectly al dente. If they aren’t cooked long enough they will be crunchy and cooked too long they will turn soggy.
What dishes go with chicken parmesan?
Looking for something crunchy? Try a 90 Second Keto Bread to go with this epic pasta recipe.
Love this recipe? Try these next:
Fathead Pizza Crust
Have you made this recipe? Let me know in the comment section how it turned out! And don’t forget to subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter so you are kept up to date with the latest and greatest!
Pin this for later!
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan with Zoodles
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt divided
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp heavy cream
- 1 cup low carb pasta sauce
- 2 shallow bowls
- Small Saucepan
- Prep your station! Using the vegetable spiralizer on the medium setting, shred your zucchinis into zoodles and set aside. Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally so that you end up with four cutlets. Season with salt and pepper.
- In one shallow bowl combine the parmesan, almond flour, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp garlic powder and a pinch of black pepper. In the second bowl whisk an egg with the heavy cream, a pinch of black pepper and a pinch of sea salt. Dip each cutlet in the egg mix and then the parmesan mixture.
- Heat a skillet on medium-low with 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, fry the cutlets until they are beautifully crispy on both sides and the internal temperature reaches 180°. This will take about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken parmesan is frying, pour the pasta sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the chicken is ready.
- Five minutes before the chicken should be finished cooking, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the second skillet on medium heat. Once hot add the zucchini noodles and cook until they become al dente, about 5 minutes. You want them cooked enough so that they aren't crunchy, but not too long that they become soggy.
- Dish the zoodles into two bowls, pour 1/2 cup pasta sauce over the zoodles and top with two pieces of chicken parmesan. Enjoy!