This Keto Chipotle Sauce is a simple addition to give any meal smokiness, spice, and zest. It may be used as a dip or drizzled over tacos. Whatever the case, this recipe just requires a few basic ingredients from your kitchen!
Sauces and spices are important when it comes to enhancing meals. And when it comes to Mexican-inspired dishes, chipotle sauce (or chipotle crema) is hard to top for its creamy, spicy, and irresistible flavor. Let me demonstrate how simple it is if you’ve never prepared it at home before.
This homemade sauce’s secret ingredient is chipotle peppers in adobo. But what is that? Well, there are other factors at play. Red jalapenos that have been smoked and dried are used to make chipotle peppers. A silky, acidic, and sweet sauce produced from dried chili peppers is what makes the adobo.
Since they match so well, they are available in jars. They are a zesty, spicy, and insanely tasty combo.
The chipotle peppers can be used to add a strong, smoky heat. For a delicate, spicy sweetness, add a tablespoon of the sauce alternatively. Needless to say, if you enjoy adding a spice boost to your dishes, it makes for a very adaptable pantry staple.
In a pinch, a dried and ground version of chipotle peppers can do if you can’t find whole chipotle peppers. Just remember that one dried chipotle pepper is the same as half a teaspoon of chipotle powder. There’s always the option to add a little more and blend again if you think that’s not enough.
Why you’ll love it
1. Keto Chipotle Sauce is a great addition to any dish especially if you want to put some hotness and more flavor.
2. It’s so versatile, it can either be a dip, a dressing, or a sauce.
3. you can have it ready in just 5 mins, that’s how easy it is to make!
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce canned
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Full Fat sour cream
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
Kosher salt to taste
How to make:
Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, about 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is fully combined and creamy.
Pour into a jar and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Enjoy on salads, as a dipping sauce, or even as a meat marinade.
Ways you can use your Keto Chipotle Sauce
Now that you have your Chipotle sauce prepared, there are just a lot of ways you can use or combine your sauce, and here is a list that I think goes best with it.
Now another best thing is, Whatever dish you put the chipotle sauce on, it instantly becomes a new recipe!
Easy Chipotle Sauce Recipe
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce canned
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or Full Fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, about 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is fully combined and creamy.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
- Enjoy on salads, as a dipping sauce or even a meat marinade.