Kick the keto flu or replenish those electrolytes with this Fully Loaded Low Carb Chicken Soup.
At no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.
Yum yum yum who doesn’t love a big ol’ bowl of chicken soup when you’re feeling under the weather or down in the dumps? This Fully Loaded Low Carb Chicken Soup will do the trick for sure!
I love hearty soup. I want to be nice and full after my meal rather than feel like I just sipped tea for lunch. Being that I was trying to get into ketosis when I made this soup, I wanted to add vegetables with the least amount of carbs to help my body get there faster. I ended up with this delicious Fully Loaded Low Carb Chicken Soup!
Why it works
- Loaded with healthy vegetables and bone stock, this low carb chicken soup is as delicious as it is nutritious!
- Fast and easy. With 5 minutes of prep and 35 to cook, this soup won’t take up your whole day to create.
- It freezes great! Make a batch and store some in the freezer in single sized packs to have a hearty bowl of goodness whenever you’re feeling under the weather.
- This Low Carb Chicken Soup is fully loaded with veggies that are super low in carbs and bone stock that will replenish those lost electrolytes.
- bone stock
- red pepper
- dried basil
- dried thyme
- sea salt
- black pepper
- green beans
- cooked chicken
Bone Stock – There are so many benefits to using homemade bone stock as opposed to buying bone broth, especially when on the keto diet. It’s also super easy to make! Check out my How to Make Bone Broth post. Don’t have the time? How about some Instant Pot Chicken Broth.
How to make Low Carb Chicken Soup
I love how quickly this soup can be thrown together; it makes a great weeknight meal for a busy schedule.
Heat a soup pot on medium heat and add some olive oil. Dice up onion, celery and red pepper. Once the oil is hot, add the diced veggies and cook until the onion is transparent.
Add diced cauliflower, minced garlic, dried thyme, dried basil, sea salt and black pepper. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes then add chopped green beans and 8-10 cups of bone broth or bone stock. (Or however much you have on hand and use water for the rest) Bring to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
Stir in diced broccoli and chunked cooked chicken and bring back up to a simmer. Add chopped spinach and serve hot.
What goes with Low Carb Chicken Soup?
There are a few delicious low carb sides I love to pair with Low Carb Chicken Soup. Here is a list of my favourites:
Can you freeze Fully Loaded Low Carb Chicken Soup?
You sure can! I have frozen this a couple of different ways in a couple of different stages.
If you know you won’t be eating half of the soup, I would recommend separating half and freezing before the broccoli and spinach have been added. Save fresh spinach and broccoli to add to the bowls as you re-heat them.
You can get freezer safe plastic containers to freeze your soup or you can freeze soup my favourite way! Cool the soup completely then divide into single serve portions into freezer ziplock bags. Label the flavour and date and keep in a special bin for soups in your freezer!
This Fully Loaded Low Carb Chicken Soup will last 4-6 months in the freezer 🙂
Love this recipe? Try these low carb soups next:
Cauliflower Chowder with Cheddar and Bacon
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest recipes!
Fully Loaded Low Carb Chicken Soup
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1.5 cups cauliflower diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup green beans chopped
- 8-10 cups bone stock or broth * Use however much bone stock you have and top the rest of the liquid up with water.
- 1.5 cups broccoli diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 1/2 bunch spinach chopped
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Soup Pot
- Heat a soup pot on medium heat and add olive or almond oil. Dice up the onion, celery and red pepper. Once the oil is hot, add the diced veggies and cook until the onion is transparent.
- Add the cauliflower, garlic, thyme, basil, sea salt and pepper. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes then add the green beans and bone stock or chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
- Stir in broccoli, chicken and bring back up to a simmer. Add chopped spinach then serve hot.
6 thoughts on “Fully Loaded Low Carb Chicken Soup”
I made this and my family loved it! I did sub the cauliflower for carrots same amount.
Yay I’m so glad to hear it Heather! Thanks for letting me know 😀
Oh, I can never have enough soup these days! I started to make my own bone broth now that I finally got a slow cooker. This recipe would be great for the next batch of broth I make.
I agree, I find I’m making soup twice weekly and eat it every day for lunch. Can’t get enough of the stuff!
this is ExACTLY what I need! i am day 2 into my first keto, so far so good but i can start to feel myself getting super cranky and needing something warm and cozy! can’t wait to try it!
Hi Georgie, this soup will be excellent for day 2 of keto and to help battle the keto flu once it hits!