This easy-to-prepare Keto Creamy Chicken is so wonderful it surely will become a household favorite right away. The chicken, mushrooms, and spinach are all coated in a flavorful cream sauce that is oozing with garlic and Parmesan, making for an amazing dinner.
Sauces and spices are important when it comes to enhancing meals. And when it comes to Mexican-inspired dishes, chipotle sauce (or chipotle crema) is hard to top for its creamy, spicy, and irresistible flavor. Let me demonstrate how simple it is if you’ve never prepared it at home before.
This homemade sauce’s secret ingredient is chipotle peppers in adobo, but what is that? Well, there are other factors at play. Red jalapenos that have been smoked and dried are used to make chipotle peppers, and a silky, acidic, and sweet sauce produced from dried chili peppers is what makes the adobo.
Since they match so well, they are available in jars. They are a zesty, spicy, and insanely tasty combo.
The chipotle peppers can be used to add a strong, smoky heat. For a delicate, spicy sweetness, add a tablespoon of the sauce alternatively. Needless to say, if you enjoy adding a spice boost to your dishes, it makes for a very adaptable pantry staple.
In a pinch, a dried and ground version of chipotle peppers can do if you can’t find whole chipotle peppers but just remember that one dried chipotle pepper is the same as half a teaspoon of chipotle powder. There’s always the option to add a little more and blend again if you think that’s not enough.
Why you’ll love it
1. Keto Chipotle Sauce is a great addition to any dish especially if you want to put some hotness and more flavor.
2. It’s so versatile, it can either be a dip, a dressing, or a sauce.
3. you can have it ready in just 5 mins, that’s how easy it is to make!
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce canned
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Full Fat sour cream
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
Kosher salt to taste
How to make:
Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, about 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is fully combined and creamy.
Pour into a jar and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Enjoy on salads, as a dipping sauce, or even as a meat marinade.
I like to make one of my other recipes for chicken and add it to this incredible sauce, some of my favorite ways to do this are with Pan Fried Chicken Thighs or Grilled Keto Greek Chicken.
If you would rather the flavor of the dish come exclusively from the sauce; you can just cook the chicken on the skillet-
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side and if you slice it the center it should be cooked. Using tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate near by.
Together, this Keto Creamy Chicken is an absolute game changer. The mushrooms, parmesan, chicken, and creamy chipotle sauce are perfect matches.
What to serve Keto Creamy Chicken with
Keto Pasta: Of course one of the best options when having a keto creamy chicken recipe is to add some pasta. You can use any keto pasta but this is just an easy solution from amazon. Of course, you can also make your own if you want to put in some extra work.
Rice: Who doesn’t love rice? It’s cheap, healthy, and easy to make a lot of it, also it’s so easy to track your macros. I prefer white rice with creamy recipes and this chipotle sauce makes a perfect combo.
Mixed veggies: Saute some veggies, steam some broccoli, grill some zucchini- the possibilities are endless with veggies. Although this might not be the kids’ favorite it can be a perfect choice if you want your creamy fix and are still trying to eat healthily.
Ways you can use your Keto creamy Chipotle Sauce
Now that you have your Chipotle sauce prepared, there are just a lot of ways you can use or combine your sauce, and here is a list that I think goes best with it.
Marinade – If you want to use this sauce as a marinade, all you have to do is take a ziplock bag, and lather your meat up in the sauce. Next, store in the bag for up to 8 hours. This will really get that creamy chipotle flavor into whatever meat you are going for.
Now another best thing is, Whatever dish you put the chipotle sauce on, it instantly becomes a new recipe!
Is Keto Creamy Chicken good for your health?
Chicken is one of the most popular dinner meats, but there has been debate about whether it is good for health. Some people believe that chicken is packed with antibiotics, while others argue that it is a nutritious source of protein. So, what is the truth?
There are definitely some drawbacks to eating creamy sauces. It is high in saturated fat, which can raise cholesterol levels and increase the risk of heart disease. It is also quite salty, so it is not ideal for people trying to reduce their sodium intake.
However, there are also some benefits to eating keto creamy chicken:
- It is a good source of protein, which can help to build and repair muscles.
- It also contains some vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12 and iron.
- Mushrooms have about 15 vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B6, folate magnesium, zinc and potassium.
- Spinach supports brain health and provides vitamin K, vitamin A, and vitamin C. A three-cup portion will provide 40% of your Vitamin C needs, 160% for Vitamin A, and 300% for Vitamin K! All are necessary for healthy skin and bones.
Overall, Keto Creamy Chicken is not the healthiest food, but it provides lots of nutrients, and proteins, and is great with a healthy serving of veggies.
Although there’s no wrong time to enjoy a cold drink alongside this lovely recipe, some beverages will pair perfectly with your favorite plate of Keto Creamy Chicken, Cheers!
1. Gin and Tonic
The citrusy notes of gin go beautifully with the smoky taste of chipotle, making for a refreshing and unexpected pairing. Just be sure to use good quality tonic water.
2. Tomato Juice –
Tomato juice’s acidity helps cut through the fats in the sauce, making for a light and refreshing drink. Add a sprig of rosemary for extra flavor.
3. Stout –
A rich and hearty stout is the perfect partner for chicken, especially when served with grilled onions. The onions’ sweetness helps balance the bitterness of the beer.
4. Bourbon –
Pasta and bourbon are a classic American combination. The sauce’s smoky flavor complements the bourbon’s smoothness, making for a delicious drink.
5. Mimosa –
A Mimosa is traditionally made with orange juice, but cranberry juice works just as well (and looks pretty, too!). Add a strip of bacon to the recipe for an extra special touch.
6. Sangria –
White or red, Sangria is always better with pasta! The juicy fruit flavors pair perfectly with the salty taste of the sauce, making for a refreshing and delicious drink.
Creamy Keto Chicken is a very easy recipe once you’ve done it once or twice, and it’s always a hit. It doesn’t hurt that it’s so filling and cheap.
I prefer to make lots of extra sauce so I can spice up any leftovers I might have and I’d suggest you try it out so that you can see how versatile this homemade sauce can be!
It is healthy with lots of extra vitamins and protein that you might not think of, all while staying low carb. I’d suggest trying it with some keto pasta first and then with some grilled veggies. That way you can see how great it is in comfort style and then the low-calorie way.
You’d also be amazed how many drinks pair well with this, although my favorite will always be a nice glass of light white wine to go with the heavy cream.
I hope you get a chance to try this recipe out and be sure to let me know what you think of it!
Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless or 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 whole garlic head minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- Clean the mushrooms, slice them and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side and if you slice it the center it should be cooked. Using tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate near by.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet and add the sliced mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring all the time, until tender.
- Using a slotted turner, remove the mushrooms from the skillet to a plate near by. Using the slotted turner helps removing the mushrooms, while all the liquid will remain in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter to the skillet.
- Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until tender.
- Add the flour and whisk until it thickens, this will happen very quickly so make sure you have the wine and cream on hand.
- Stir in the white wine and heavy cream. Fold in the parmesan cheese and season with garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Add the fresh spinach and let the sauce simmer until it starts to thicken and the spinach wilts. Stir a few times.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the skillet, cover in sauce and let it simmer on low heat for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with 1 cup of grated parmesan and serve with pasta, couscous or bulgur.
- The dish can also be served on it’s own, with warm, crusty bread for dipping!