Are you looking for a way to cook bacon that is crispy and doesn’t require any monitoring? Then baking bacon in the oven is the perfect solution for you! You can have perfectly cooked crispy bacon ready to be enjoyed in just a few easy steps. Keep reading for all the details on making this delicious dish.
This article will show you how to cook bacon in the oven. We will also provide tips and tricks to help you get the perfect results.
What is the best temperature to cook bacon in the oven?
The best temperature to cook bacon in the oven is 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This allows the bacon to cook evenly, preventing it from burning or becoming overcooked. The high temperature also helps render the fat, making the bacon crisp and delicious.
However, keeping an eye on the bacon as it cooks is important, as it can quickly go from perfectly cooked to burnt. When cooking bacon at 400 degrees. However, the timings will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon and your desired level of doneness.
How long does it take to cook bacon in the oven?
While many people enjoy the taste of bacon, few enjoy the process of cooking it. The stovetop can be messy, and the smell often lingers long after the meal is over. However, cooking bacon in the oven is a much simpler process.
Most ovens have a setting that allows you to cook bacon without flipping it, meaning you can set it and forget it. Generally, you should cook bacon for 20 minutes per pound at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, depending on your oven and the thickness of the bacon, you may need to adjust the cooking time. For example, if you use thin-cut bacon, you will likely need to reduce the cooking time by a few minutes. Ultimately, the best way to know when your bacon is done is to keep an eye on it and pull it out of the oven when it reaches your desired level of crispness.
Recipe: How to Cook Bacon in the Oven? Crispy Bacon Recipe
Bacon is a delicious and versatile food that can be cooked in many different ways. One of the most popular methods is cooking bacon in the oven. This method is quick, easy, and produces perfectly crisp bacon every time.
- Course: Breakfast, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 3 servings
- Calories: 275 kcal
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon (9 Slices)
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Nutrition Facts of Bacon in the Oven
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 275
- Calories from Fat: 234
% Daily Value*
- Fat: 26g 40%
- Saturated Fat: 9g 56%
- Cholesterol: 44mg 15%
- Sodium: 437mg 19%
- Potassium: 131mg 4%
- Carbohydrates: 1g 0%
- Protein 8g: 16%
- Vitamin A: 24IU
- Iron: 1mg 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000-calorie diet.
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top.
2) Mix brown sugar, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
3) Place bacon on the wire rack and generously sprinkle it with the spice mixture.
4) Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
5) Remove from the oven and let cool on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious bacon!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe a bit spicier?
Yes, you can! Just increase the amount of cayenne pepper in the spice mixture. Or, you could add some chopped jalapeños to the mixture as well.
Do I need foil or parchment paper to bake bacon?
Yes, you can bake bacon without foil or parchment paper. However, it is important to note that the bacon will not cook as evenly without these items. As a result, you may need to flip the bacon halfway through cooking.
Additionally, the bacon will not render as much fat without foil or parchment paper, so it may not be as crisp. Ultimately, it is up to you whether or not you want to use foil or parchment paper. We recommend using one of these items if you are looking for perfectly cooked bacon with minimal effort.
Can I bake bacon ahead of time?
Yes, you can bake bacon ahead of time. This is a great option if you are cooking for a large group or want bacon on hand for meals throughout the week. To bake bacon ahead of time, cook it according to the recipe instructions.
Once it is cooked, let it cool on a paper towel-lined plate. Once it is cooled, transfer the bacon to a freezer-safe bag or container and store it in the freezer. When ready to eat the bacon, reheat it in the oven or a skillet on the stove.
Can I store this recipe?
This recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven until crisp.
How do I know when the bacon is done?
Bacon is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. However, it is important to note that bacon will continue to cook even after it is removed from the heat. As a result, it is best to err on the side of caution and remove the bacon from the pan when it is slightly undercooked.
If you wait until the bacon is perfectly cooked, it will likely become overcooked and dry. There are several ways to check the internal temperature of bacon, including using a thermometer or simply poking it with a fork.
What if I don’t have a thermometer?
The best way to tell if bacon is done is by using a digital meat thermometer. However, there are also a few other ways to tell if bacon is cooked.
- First, the bacon should be nicely browned on the outside.
- Second, when you press on the bacon, it should feel firm and not squishy.
- Finally, you can cut into the bacon to check that it is cooked through – it should be pink in the center and not have any raw streaks.
If unsure, it is always better to cook the bacon a few minutes longer than you think necessary.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can definitely add or replace some ingredients! For example, if you don’t have smoked paprika, you could use regular paprika or chili powder. You could also swap out the brown sugar for honey or maple syrup.
If you want extra flavor, try sprinkling the bacon with freshly ground black pepper or crumbled dried herbs such as thyme or rosemary. Before cooking, you could also drizzle the bacon with balsamic vinegar or Worcestershire sauce.
Finally, if you want to make this dish healthier, you could use turkey bacon or veggie bacon.
What can I serve with this dish?
There are endless possibilities when it comes to serving bacon. Some popular options include:
A classic breakfast dish often cooked with bacon.
2. Pancakes: A delicious way to start your day with some savory bacon.
3. Hash Browns: A crispy and flavorful side dish that pairs well with bacon.
4. Tomatoes: Add some freshness and acidity to your dish with tomatoes.
5. Green Peppers: Another way to add color and nutrition to your meal.
6. Avocado: A delicious creamy addition that goes great with bacon.
7. Hollandaise Sauce: A rich and flavorful sauce that takes this dish to the next level.
8. Baked Beans: A hearty side dish perfect for a winter meal.
9. Roasted potatoes: A simple and tasty way to cook potatoes that pair well with bacon.
10. Corn on the cob: A classic summertime food that goes great with bacon.
11. Soup: A warm and filling option for a winter meal, or any time of year, really.
12. Salad: A light and refreshing option that is perfect for summertime or any time you want a healthy option. You could also use bacon as a topping on salads, pasta dishes, pizzas, or burgers. The possibilities are endless!
Tips and tricks to make bacon in the oven
1) For extra crisp bacon, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
2) Use thick-cut bacon for the best results.
3) If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use foil.
4) Make sure the wire rack is oven-safe.
5) Adjust the number of spices to your liking.
6) You can add other seasonings like garlic powder or onion powder.
7) For a smokier flavor, use smoked paprika instead of regular paprika.
8) To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free wire rack.
9) If you’re watching your sodium intake, cook the bacon without any added salt.
10) This recipe can also be made in the air fryer. Cook at 400°F for 10 minutes.
11) You can also cook bacon in the microwave. Place 4-6 slices of bacon on a paper towel-lined plate and cook on high for 3-4 minutes.
12) To keep your bacon warm, place it in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.
13) Don’t forget to save the bacon fat! It can be used for cooking other dishes or making homemade roasted potatoes.
Several advantages of cooking bacon in the oven
Cooking bacon in the oven is a great way to get crispy, delicious bacon without all the hassle. Here are 8 benefits of cooking bacon in the oven:
1. You can cook a lot of bacon at once, making it perfect for large gatherings.
2. Oven-cooked bacon is evenly cooked, so you don’t have to worry about undercooked or burnt pieces.
3. The fat drips down into the pan, so there’s no need to drain the bacon before eating.
4. Cooking bacon in the oven frees up your stove top for other food items.
5. It’s less messy than stovetop cooking since there’s no splattering fat.
6. There’s no smoke cooking bacon in the oven, so your house won’t smell like bacon afterward.
7. Oven-cooked bacon is perfect for making BLTs or other sandwiches.
8. You can use the rendered fat from oven-cooked bacon to cook other food items, like eggs or potatoes. Oven-cooked bacon is just plain delicious!
Things to keep in mind when cooking bacon in the oven
Bacon is a delicious and versatile ingredient, but it can be tricky to cook. If you’re planning to cook bacon in the oven, there are a few things to remember.
- First, thicker slices of bacon will take longer to cook, so adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- Second, it’s important to use a wire rack when cooking bacon in the oven, as this will help ensure that the bacon doesn’t stick to the pan and that it cooks evenly.
Ultimately, the best kind of bacon for cooking in the oven is whatever type you prefer – just be sure to adjust your cooking time and temperature accordingly!
Using Bacon Grease: What Should I Do?
Once you’ve cooked your bacon, you’ll be left with bacon grease. While some might pour it down the drain, there are several uses for bacon grease. Most people know that bacon is delicious. What they may not realize is that bacon grease is also incredibly versatile. It can be used for everything from frying eggs to making salad dressing. In fact, some people even use it as a skin moisturizer! The next time you cook bacon, don’t throw out the grease. Instead, try one of these creative uses for it.
- For starters, bacon grease makes excellent cooking oil. It has a high smoke point, which can be used for high-heat cooking without burning. And because it’s flavorless, it won’t alter the taste of your food. You can use bacon grease to fry eggs, make grilled cheese sandwiches, or even popcorn.
- Bacon grease can also be used instead of butter or other oils when making homemade salad dressings. Just add a few spoonfuls to your favorite recipe and enjoy the savory flavor it adds. You can also use it to make croutons: simply toss some cubes of bread with bacon grease and bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy.
- Finally, don’t forget about the potential beauty uses for bacon grease. Some people swear by using it as a facial moisturizer, claiming that it helps to reduce wrinkles and give skin a healthy glow. You can also use it as a hair styling product: just rub a small amount into your hands and run them through your hair to tame flyaways and add shine.
So next time you fry up some bacon, save the grease – you may be surprised by how useful it can be!
Is bacon good for your health?
Bacon is one of the most popular breakfast meats, but there has been debate about whether it is good for health. Some people believe that bacon is packed with unhealthy fats and salt, while others argue that it is a nutritious source of protein. So, what is the truth?
There are definitely some drawbacks to eating bacon. It is high in saturated fat, which can raise cholesterol levels and increase the risk of heart disease. It is also quite salty, so it is not ideal for people trying to reduce their sodium intake.
However, there are also some benefits to eating bacon:
- It is a good source of protein, which can help to build and repair muscles.
- It also contains some vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12 and iron.
Overall, bacon is not the healthiest food, but it can be part of a balanced diet.
Should I need to flip the bacon in the oven?
Bacon is best cooked at 400 F. This method allows the bacon to render its fat, resulting in crisp, delicious strips. However, many home cooks are reluctant to cook bacon in the oven, fearing it will stick to the pan or require constant flipping. In reality, oven-cooked bacon is just as easy as pan-fried bacon – and it often results in superior results.
When cooking bacon in the oven, there is no need to flip the strips. Simply place the bacon on a wire rack and set it over a baking sheet until crisp. The rendered fat will drip through the rack, ensuring perfectly cooked bacon every time. So next time you’re in the mood for bacon, don’t be afraid to reach for the oven.
What do I do with leftover bacon?
Any cook knows that bacon makes everything better. The savory, salty flavor can elevate even the simplest dish, making it more satisfying and delicious. However, cooked bacon also tends to go bad quickly, so it’s often best to cook only as much as you need. But what do you do with the leftover bacon? If you find yourself with extra bacon on hand, there are plenty of ways to use it.
One option is to chop it up and add it to a salad or pasta dish. Bacon is also delicious when used as a topping for pizza or baked potatoes.
In addition, leftover bacon can be wrapped around chicken or shrimp for an easy and elegant appetizer. So next time you have extra bacon, don’t throw it away – put it to good use and enjoy the delicious results.
Drinks to enjoy with bacon
Whether cooking up bacon for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, there’s no wrong time to enjoy a cold drink alongside it. Some beverages will pair perfectly with your favorite slice of bacon. Cheers!
1. Gin and Tonic
The citrusy notes of gin go beautifully with the smoky taste of bacon, making for a refreshing and unexpected pairing. Just be sure to use good quality tonic water.
2. Tomato Juice –
Tomato juice’s acidity helps cut through the fats in bacon, making for a light and refreshing drink. Add a sprig of rosemary for extra flavor.
3. Stout –
A rich and hearty stout is the perfect partner for bacon, especially when served with grilled onions. The onions’ sweetness helps balance the bitterness of the beer.
4. Bourbon –
Bacon, and bourbon are a classic American combination. The bacon’s smoky flavor complements the bourbon’s smoothness, making for a delicious drink.
5. Bloody Mary –
A bloody Mary is not complete without bacon! The salty flavor of bacon helps offset the tomato juice’s spice, making for a well-rounded drink.
6. Mimosa –
A Mimosa is traditionally made with orange juice, but cranberry juice works just as well (and looks pretty, too!). Add a strip of bacon for an extra special touch.
7. Sangria –
White or red, Sangria is always better with bacon! The juicy fruit flavors pair perfectly with the salty taste of bacon, making for a refreshing and delicious drink.
8. Screwdriver –
A screwdriver is usually made with vodka and orange juice, but adding bacon gives it an extra flavor boost. The orange juice helps cut through the bacon’s richness, making for a delicious drink.
9. Hot Chocolate –
This may sound like an odd combination, but trust us, it works! The sweetness of the chocolate pairs perfectly with the savory taste of bacon, making for a rich and decadent treat.
10. Milkshake –
Another surprising but delicious combination! The creamy texture of the milkshake pairs perfectly with the crunchy texture of bacon, making for an unforgettable drink.
11. Coffee –
A breakfast staple, coffee and bacon just go together in the morning. If you are on a low-carb keto diet try our 50 Keto Starbucks Drinks that you can order on the app or make at home.
So sit back, relax, pour yourself your favorite drink, throw some bacon on there, And enjoy knowing your lawn is working overtime protecting our planet!
Final Words: Cook Bacon in the Oven like a Pro!
Bacon makes everything better, and there’s no denying that. The recipe above is for crispy and delicious bacon, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You must coat the bacon in a mixture of spices, then bake in the oven until crispy. You can add or replace some of the ingredients to suit your taste, and there are endless possibilities when serving bacon.
So, there you have it. How to cook bacon in the oven like a pro! Be sure to check out our other blogs for some more amazing recipes that will make your mouth water. And, as always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to us. We’d love to hear from you!