This pasta dish will blow your mind.
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
Oh my goodness I just love this chicken cannelloni with rosé sauce! It is so creamy and flavourful and just straight up delicious! So much better than lasagna! Yup, I went there.. It’s better than lasagna.. I’d say the same thing every day of the week unless it’s my mom’s lasagna. Ain’t no toppin’ that.
This recipe is a great way to make a yummy meal out of a leftover chicken breast. I am always buying the family pack of chicken from my local grocery store which comes with three breasts, so I often have one leftover. I’ll cook it with the other two and set it aside for something else! Like this amazing Spinach, Feta and Chicken Cannelloni with Rosé Sauce!
How to make cannelloni
There are lots if different types of cannelloni you can make, but all will be formed and baked similarly. Cook your meat (if using) and other veggies such as peppers, onion, garlic, etc. Stuff dry cannelloni as full as possible without cracking the shell. Layer the bottom of your baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce and place the cannelloni noodles evenly spaced apart.
Cover the cannelloni with the rest of the sauce then pour a thin layer of heavy cream over top. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over top and cover with tin foil. Bake for 45 minutes, uncover the cannelloni and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Can you freeze pasta?
Besides the rich cheesy goodness of this dish, it is also great for freezing! If you want to make a double batch, or just use half of one, you can easily freeze it. Simply follow the instructions right up until you toss it in the oven; cover with the tin foil and toss it in the freezer instead! When you are ready to cook it, just thaw overnight in the fridge before baking it. If it is still frozen you may just need to bake it a bit longer before removing the tin foil to broil the cheese. I like to keep those recyclable foil pans on hand for situations like this!
What to serve with Cannelloni
There are a lot of delicious sides to pair with this Spinach, Feta and Chicken Cannelloni with Rosé Sauce. Here is a list of my favourites:
I’m so excited for you to try out this recipe for Spinach, Feta and Chicken Cannelloni with Rosé Sauce. Let me know what you think!
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to receive all the latest and greatest recipes!
Pin this for later!
Spinach, Feta and Chicken Cannelloni with Rosé Sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast diced
- frozen spinach thawed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 12 dry cannelloni noodles oven ready
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- parmesan cheese grated
- Turn the oven to 350° and heat a skillet on medium with olive oil. Fry onions until translucent, then add garlic and cook for one minute before removing from heat.
- Squeeze all the water out of the spinach and toss into a medium mixing bowl. Add the chicken, feta, lemon juice, egg, onions, salt and pepper and mix well. Stuff the mixture into the cannelloni noodles, filling them as full as possible.
- Line a 9 x 13″ baking dish with 1/3rd of the jar of pasta sauce. Place the stuffed noodles on top of the sauce, see photos above, they will expand while cooking. Pour the remaining pasta sauce on top of the noodles. The sauce doesn’t need to come up as high as the noodles, just spoon it over the noodles so that they are covered in sauce.
- Pour the cream over the middle of the noddles and top with grated parmesan cheese. Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover the cannelloni and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!