Forgot to pick up buns for dinner? No worries, I’ve got ya covered!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
I love these Quick Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls. They have saved me countless times when I have been in a race against the clock. In just over an hour you can have these little bunches of deliciousness to dive into!
I generally make my best friends’ recipe for The Best Ever Cheese Biscuits when it comes to soup.. or stew.. or chilli.. but sometimes I’ve made them like four times in one week so I figure I should mix it up! However when it comes to turkey dinners, leftover turkey bunwiches, or just slathering something in butter, these Quick Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls are the perfect choice!
I like to bake them all squished together rather than separated on a baking sheet because it keeps them ultra soft on the inside and the butter gives them a beautiful golden crust that is simply mouth-watering! What is better than a warm bun right from the oven that’s still dripping with butter? Not a whole lot! Enjoy!
How to make dinner rolls
Dinner rolls are great not only because they can be made quickly, but they are also quite easy! Mix warm water with sugar, yeast and let stand for 10 minutes. Using a stand mixer and the dough hook, knead in flour, salt and butter. Once the dough has formed cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 20 minutes. Roll dough into a log, divide into 12 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Place balls into a baking dish, brush with melted butter and salt, cover with plastic wrap and rise for an additional 10 minutes. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350° then brush with more butter! Yum!
Recipes with dinner rolls
These buns go great with soups like my Hearty Hamburger Soup or Creamy Bacon Potato Corn Chowder, or slathered with cranberry sauce and loaded with my Cranberry Thyme Turkey Roast! They are also fabulous for turkey dinners. Check out my Perfect Turkey Rub for a new way to roast a turkey!
Like this recipe? Try these:
Love this recipe? Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date on the latest and greatest!
Quick Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp butter soft
- 1 tsp sea salt plus extra for sprinkling
- 2-2.5 cups flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk together the warm water, yeast and sugar until dissolved. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the soft butter, sea salt and 2 cups flour. Knead with the dough hook, adding more flour if the dough is sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350° and grease a 9×7″ baking dish. Turn dough onto counter and roll into a long log. Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Space the balls evenly in the greased baking dish, brush with 1 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with sea salt, cover with plastic wrap and rise for an additional 10 minutes.
- Unwrap the baking dish and bake for 15-18 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown. Brush with 1 tbsp melted butter and serve warm!