Four (YES FOUR!) layers of chocolatey goodness!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!
*drooling*Jump to Recipe
Yes, that’s exactly correct.
Triple just wasn’t going to cut it this time. This Chocolate Cheesecake is insanely rich; four different types of chocolate goodness is not for the faint of heart! Oreo crust. Chocolate cheesecake. Chocolate ganache. Chocolate whipped cream. The chocolate-y-ness just goes on and on!
This cheesecake is perfect for special occasions. I created it for my ma-in-law for Mother’s Day! My husband and I were able to make a trip with the kids this year to spend Mother’s Day weekend with her which was a super special little getaway… my youngest took her first step!
I always love to visit my Ma-in-law. She is one amazing lady and deserved an amazing cheesecake- insert this Quadruple Chocolate Cheesecake!
How to make chocolate cheesecake from scratch
My delicious Chocolate Cheesecake is a very simple cheesecake to make! If you would like a detailed read on some awesome cheesecaking tips, check out my Cheesecake Tips post!
The crust is made from crushed Oreos and melted butter and the cheesecake layer is really easy, especially if you have a stand mixer.
Follow the directions below and you can’t go wrong!
For the ganache you simply melt chocolate chips with heavy cream and pour over top of the baked cheesecake.
Last but not least you’ve got that delectable chocolate whipped cream to garnish your chocolate cheesecake.
Whip the whipping cream into soft peaks, add the remaining ingredients before continuing to whip into firm peaks. You’re ready to pipe it on!
Like baking cheesecakes? Check out these delicious recipes!
Love this recipe? Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to be kept up to date with the latest and greatest!
Quadruple Chocolate Cheesecake
Oreo Crumb Crust
- 25 oreos
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4x 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.25 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heavy Duty Tin Foil
- Piping Bag and Tip
- Heat oven to 350°. In a small microwave safe bowl melt 1 cup chocolate chips on half power until melted (or use a double boiler). Set aside to cool. Spray a 10″ springform with cooking spray and wrap the bottom with tin foil.
- In a food processor grind 25 Oreos into fine crumbs. Dump into a medium mixing bowl and mix in the melted butter until completely combined. Press into the bottom of the springform and bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the cheesecake layer.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment whip the cream cheese until all the lumps are gone. You may have to scrape the bowl several times. Add the sugar and whip until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as you go. Mix in the cornstarch and cocoa, scrape the bowl. Add one egg at a time, scraping after each addition. Mix in the sour cream, vanilla and salt until well combined. While the machine is running slowly pour in the melted chocolate until completely incorporated.
- Using the kettle boil some water. Place the springform inside the roasting pan and fill with the cheesecake batter. Pour the boiling water into the roasting pan so it comes half an inch up the side of the springform. Check out my Cheesecake Tips post on some helpful water bath tips.
- Bake the cheesecake for 50-60 minutes. The edges will be puffy but the center will still look jiggly. Shut the oven off, leaving the cheesecake inside to set. Prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon and let rest for one hour. Place on the counter until it has come to room temperature, then refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- After the cheesecake has had at least an hour in the fridge the ganache can be made. Melt the 1.25 cups chocolate chips and 1 cup heavy cream in a small microwave safe bowl at half power (or in the top of a double boiler). Whisk often and once completely melted and combined let cool for 20 minutes. Leaving the springform pan intact, pour the ganache over the cheesecake and allow to set in the refrigerator for the remaining time.
- To make the whipped cream, pour the whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whip into soft peaks. Sift in the cocoa and icing sugar. Add the vanilla and salt and whip into firm peaks.
- Run a knife along the side of the springform pan and then carefully remove the wall. Fill the piping bag with the chocolate whipped cream and apply decoratively. Now you are ready to serve and enjoy!