Hey there, fellow food enthusiasts! Today, I’m super excited to share a mouthwatering treat that’s not only delicious but also falls perfectly in line with a keto lifestyle. If you’re a fan of cozy soups that wrap you up in a warm hug of comfort, get ready to meet your new favorite: Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup! 🥦🧀
This recipe is all about satisfying cravings without compromising on taste or health goals. Creamy, velvety, and oh-so-cheesy, this bowl of goodness is a wholesome twist on a classic favorite. And the best part? It takes just 30 minutes to whip up from start to finish – talk about a win-win!
So, if you’re ready to dive into a world of rich flavors, where low-carb meets high satisfaction, let’s don those aprons and get cooking! Your taste buds are in for a treat, and your keto journey just got a whole lot more exciting. Let’s jump into the details and bring this Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup to life! 🌟
Why you will love this Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe?
- With basic pantry staples, you’re all set to create a flavorful dish.: No need to hunt for rare components – everything is easily available.
- Straightforward steps make cooking a breeze, even for busy schedules.
- Ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes, perfect for last-minute meals.
- One-Pot Wonder: Less cleanup, more time to savor your delicious creation.
- Generous cheddar cheese makes it an irresistible treat for cheese enthusiasts.
- A bowl of this soup fills you up and keeps you satisfied.
- Perfect for those following a low-carb or keto lifestyle.
- Classic flavors elevated to a whole new level of yumminess.
Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe Ingredients
Let’s get started on crafting this delicious Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup. Here’s the list of ingredients you’ll need:
Butter: Provides richness and flavor to the soup. It can be substituted with olive oil or coconut oil for a dairy-free option.
Onion: Adds depth and aroma to the soup’s base. Substitutes include shallots or leeks for a milder flavor.
Garlic: Enhances the overall flavor profile. You can use garlic powder if fresh garlic is unavailable.
Chicken Broth: Forms the liquid base of the soup. You can use both homemade and store-bought chicken stocks. I prefer homemade stock because it has no additives or added sugar.
Heavy Cream: Creates a creamy texture and richness.
Broccoli: Adds a vibrant color and healthy nutrients to the soup. Don’t use frozen broccoli, as it can result in a soup with a thinner consistency.
Smoked Paprika: Introduces a smoky depth of flavor. Regular paprika or even a touch of cayenne pepper can be used for a different kick.
Pepper: Adds mild heat and enhances the overall taste. Adjust to your spice preference.
Salt: Enhances flavors and balances the dish. Adjust based on your taste and dietary needs.
Cheddar Cheese: Creates a luscious cheese flavor. You can experiment with other cheeses like red Leicester or vintage cheddar if you like a more intense cheese flavor.
Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe Instructions
Begin by placing a deep pot over medium heat. Melt the butter in the pot.
Once the butter is hot, add the chopped onions and minced garlic. Sauté them for 1-2 minutes until they become fragrant.
Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream. Add the finely chopped broccoli, smoked paprika, pepper, and salt.
Allow the mixture to come to a boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, until the broccoli turns tender.
Gradually add the cheddar cheese, adding half a cup at a time, and gently stir until it’s well combined. To avoid a gritty texture in the soup, make sure to gradually incorporate the cheese into the saucepan, refraining from adding it all at once.
Remove the pot from the heat source. Serve the soup, optionally topping each serving with extra shredded cheese and chopped parsley.
How to store leftover soup?
Leftover soup can be safely stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container and should be consumed within a week. Before reheating, give it a good stir to ensure even warming. If you’re planning to freeze portions, use sealable containers and keep them in the freezer for up to six months. When it’s time to enjoy your frozen goodness, allow the soup to thaw at room temperature before reheating.
For reheating, you have two options: either microwave the soup in 30-second intervals, giving it a stir between each interval, or warm it up in a small saucepan over medium heat. These methods will help you savor your soup as deliciously as the first time.
What to serve with Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup?
Pairing options for serving with Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup include:
- Keto Antipasto Salad: This fresh salad can provide a refreshing contrast to the richness of the soup.
- Grilled Keto Greek Chicken: A grilled chicken breast or thigh seasoned with herbs and spices adds a protein boost to your meal and complements the soup’s flavors.
- Crunchy Veggie Sticks: Serve a side of crispy carrot, celery, and bell pepper sticks for a satisfying crunch that complements the creamy soup.
- Almond Flour Tortillas: Whip up some keto-friendly almond flour tortillas for a comforting and hearty accompaniment.
- Cheese Crisps: Bake thin slices of cheddar or other cheese until they’re crispy for a flavorful low-carb snack that goes perfectly with the soup.
- Cauliflower Fried Rice: A serving of cauliflower rice sautéed with herbs and spices can provide a satisfying texture and balance to the meal.
- Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles: Adds a touch of freshness to your soup bowl.
- Avocado Slices: Creamy avocado slices seasoned with a dash of salt and pepper can add a creamy element to your meal.
Feel free to mix and match these suggestions to create a balanced and satisfying meal alongside your Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this soup suitable for vegetarians?
The base of the soup is made with chicken broth, but you can easily swap it for vegetable broth to make it vegetarian-friendly.
Can I use frozen broccoli for convenience?
While fresh broccoli is recommended for the best texture and flavor, you can use frozen broccoli if needed. However, be aware that frozen broccoli might affect the soup’s consistency.
Can I make this soup ahead of time?
Definitely! You can prepare the soup in advance and refrigerate it for up to a week. Reheat gently and stir well before serving.
Is this soup kid-friendly?
The creamy, cheesy goodness of this soup might be appealing to kids, especially if they’re fans of cheese. You can adjust the spices to suit their taste preferences.
What cheese is best for broccoli cheese soup?
Cheddar cheese is the preferred choice due to its sharp and rich flavor. However, you can experiment with other flavorful cheeses like Colby, Tillamook, or Gouda for a unique twist.
Can I puree this soup?
Certainly! While this recipe is crafted to feature broccoli chunks, if you’re a fan of smooth soups, you can use a hand mixer or a blender to create a velvety consistency.
How can I thicken this soup?
To thicken the soup, you have a couple of options. Add 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum for a low-carb thickening agent, or incorporate 1-2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder. Keep in mind that arrowroot will contribute to the overall carb count.
Why won’t my cheese melt in my broccoli cheddar soup?
Ensure you’re using freshly grated cheddar cheese rather than pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded varieties often contain anti-caking agents like cellulose that can hinder proper melting.
Can I use a slow cooker?
Absolutely! Adapt this recipe for a slow cooker by excluding the butter. Combine all the ingredients (except the cheese) in the slow cooker. Cook on low for around 6 hours. After 6 hours, gradually add the cheese, cover the slow cooker, and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
Feel free to explore these answers to common queries about your Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup adventure. Enjoy your cooking journey! 🥦🧀
Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- A deep pot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Begin by placing a deep pot over medium heat. Melt the butter in the pot.
- Once the butter is hot, add the chopped onions and minced garlic. Sauté them for 1-2 minutes until they become fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream. Add the finely chopped broccoli, smoked paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, until the broccoli turns tender.
- Gradually add the cheddar cheese, adding half a cup at a time, and gently stir until it's well combined.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Serve the soup, optionally topping each serving with extra shredded cheese and chopped parsley.