A low carb meal you can make in less than 30 minutes? That the whole family will love? That tastes AMAZING?
Count me in!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. All items are tools or ingredients I have used myself or I wouldn’t recommend them to you!Jump to Recipe
Oh boy this meal is to die for! That is, if you like alfredo. Who doesn’t love alfredo? Never mind with this juicy chicken that’s been seared in hot butter? The aroma just kills me! But wait, just you wait until the garlic is added to the pan… madness. Simply madness.
I absolutely love these roasted vegetables. They go great with just about anything, and are a must have with this chicken alfredo. You can add rice or pasta if you like, but I wouldn’t dream of having anything soak up those lovely flavours. If anything, I would pair it with a glass of merlot 😉
How to make chicken alfredo
Making this low carb chicken alfredo is super duper easy!
Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally so that you have chicken cutlets. Season with salt and pepper and fry in hot butter until fully cooked. Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
To the hot pan add some garlic and fry for about a minute before adding some heavy cream. Simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in the parmesan and simmer for another minute or two, toss the chicken back in the skillet and BOOM! Deliciously low carb chicken alfredo!
How to make roasted vegetables
Roasted vegetables are also easy and an excellent side for many dishes! I prefer mine with carrots, green beans, broccolini, olive oil, salt, pepper and GARLIC! Toss everything together on a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes.
If they blacken a little bit, that’s okay! It’ll only add to the roasted flavour! This is a big reason I like to use broccolini rather than broccoli for roasting. Broccoli is very easy to over cook whereas broccolini is perfect when it’s been cooked a bit too long 😉
These Roasted Vegetables are so delicious I gave them their own post!
Can you freeze alfredo sauce?
You sure can! I’d be surprised if you had any leftover alfredo sauce because it’s so delicious, but if you do, you absolutely can freeze it! I would store it in a freezer bag and label with the date. Alfredo would last about 4-6 months in the freezer.
What goes with chicken alfredo?
Besides these delicious Garlicky Roasted Vegetables, I like to boil some fettucine noodles for my family, who are not eating a low carb diet. This recipe for Cheesy Focaccia Flatbread is also a hit rather than the noodles in my home. Personally, I find this meal with Chicken Alfredo and Roasted Vegetables super filling, and wouldn’t dream of adding anything else to it myself.
Like this recipe? Check these out other low carb main dishes:
Mmmm I love Chicken Alfredo! Let me know what you think about this low carb version and subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter so you are kept up to date on the latest and greatest!
Pin it for later!
Low Carb Chicken Alfredo with Roasted Vegetables
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 chicken breasts deboned and skinned
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1.5 cups heavy cream warmed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1.25 cups parmesan cheese grated
- 1 bunch broccolini washed and trimmed
- 4 medium carrots peeled and chunked
- 1/2 bundle green beans washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- parsley for garnish
- Turn oven to 400°. Toss the broccoli, carrots and green beans with the olive oil and 2 minced garlic cloves. Place on a baking sheet with a liner and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a skillet on medium and cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally so you end up with two cutlets from each breast. Season each piece with salt and pepper, both sides.
- When the skillet is hot, melt the butter and sear the chicken. Cook until both sides are golden and internal temperature reaches 165°. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate to rest.
- To the hot skillet add two minced garlic cloves and cook for a few moments before adding the warmed cream. Simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in the shredded parmesan and simmer a couple minutes longer.
- Serve with extra parmesan on top and garnish with minced parsley.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
This recipe makes 4 servings. Per serving:
Calories: 744 Net Carbs: 7 Protein: 41 Fat: 61