Check out this Asian Turkey Burger Recipe for a delicious new way to enjoy burger night!
At no additional cost to you, I make a small commission for purchases made through links in this post.Jump to Recipe
I’m going to start with… YUM!
Every time I take a break from my low carb lifestyle I always go for the asian dishes! One thing I just can’t get enough of is hoi sin; one day I will try to recreate it – low carb! But until that day comes, I will just eat these naughty dishes on my cheat days!
Wow this Asian Turkey Burger Recipe is soooo yummy. We paired them with a couple of local pale ale’s for an epic Saturday burger night meal!
This Asian Turkey Burger Recipe is made for four burgers but can easily be halved or doubled for company! I hope you love these burgers as much as I do!
What is in this Asian Turkey Burger Recipe?
The burger patty is made with ground turkey, sesame oil, hoi sin, soya sauce, minced ginger and garlic, green onion, an egg and some bread crumbs.
The slaw is nappa cabbage, carrot, green onion and snow peas with a dressing that is made with sesame seeds, vegetable oil, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, soya sauce and hoi sin.
How to make this Asian Turkey Burger Recipe
Turkey Burger Patty
Heat oven to 350° and start by building the patties. In a medium bowl combine minced garlic, minced ginger, sesame oil, soya sauce, hoi sin, green onion and an egg. Add ground turkey and mix until fully combined. Stir in the bread crumbs then divide into four.
Form the four patties and lay on a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat, then bake.
Combine sesame seeds, vegetable oil, brown sugar and rice wine vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Once completely cooled, whisk is soya sauce and hoi sin.
Chop nappa cabbage, shred a carrot, dice green onion and julienne a dozen snow peas. Mix the veggies together and when the burger patties are ready, toss the dressing with the veggies.
To build the burgers spread mayo on each side of a bun, then add a burger patty and a handful of the slaw. Enjoy!
Can you bake turkey burgers?
These turkey burgers tend to fall apart easier than your typical beef burger, so I find baking is the best way to cook them. If you had a barbecue safe pan then they could be barbecued, but I wouldn’t recommend trying to toss them right onto the grill.
Another great way to cook these burgers would be to pan fry them on medium heat until they are cooked through; this should only take 10-15 minutes depending on how many you add to the pan.
How long do you cook a turkey burger in the oven?
Depending on their size, turkey burgers should take roughly 20-30 minutes at 350° to fully cook through.
What temperature should turkey burgers be cooked to?
It is super important to cook turkey burgers to the recommended internal temperature of 165°. Under cooked turkey can make you really, really sick, so it’s important not to play the guessing game. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, I highly recommend you get one. They aren’t expensive and the batteries last a super long time. I’ve been cooking for over ten years and am still only on my second meat thermometer! Crazy right?
What side dish goes well with turkey burgers?
There are a lot of different side dishes that would go great with this Asian Turkey Burger Recipe. Here is a list of my favourites:
Love this recipe? Try these next:
Subscribe to Mama Bear’s monthly newsletter to stay up to date with the latest and greatest!
Asian Turkey Burger Recipe
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 3 tbsp hoi sin
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1.5 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp hoi sin
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 small head napa cabbage
- 1 small carrot
- 12 snow peas
- 2 tbsp green onion
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet and Non Stick Baking Mat
- Small Saucepan
- Heat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the minced ginger, minced garlic, sesame oil, soya sauce, hoi sin, green onion and egg. Mix in the ground turkey until fully combined then mix in the bread crumbs.
- Divide the turkey into four and shape into patties. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- While the patties are cooking make the slaw; start with the dressing. In a small saucepan combine the vegetable oil, sesame seeds, rice wine vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a low boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Chop up the napa cabbage into thin strips, dice the green onion, grate the carrot and julienne the snow peas.
- When the burger patties are ready, mix the hoi sin and soya sauce into the vinegar mixture then pour into the veggies and toss.
- Spread about 1/2 tbsp mayo onto each side of the bun, then add one burger patty to each and 1/4 of the slaw. Enjoy!