Prosciutto Bocconcini Stuffed Low Carb Burgers
Amplify burger night with these incredibly delicious Low Carb Burgers stuffed with prosciutto and bocconcini. Every bite is like finding treasure!
Servings 4 burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup low carb bbq sauce divided
- ½ cup almond flour
- 100 g - 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 200 g - 4 large bocconcini fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil
Heat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat.
Mince the garlic and onion and add to a medium bowl with the dried basil, black pepper and salt. Mix well then stir in the egg and low carb bbq sauce. Knead in the ground beef, then fold in the almond flour.
Divide the burgers into 8 balls; should be just over 1/4 cup each portion. Flatten 4 of them thinly on the baking sheet. Using the palm of your hand or a chef knife, flatten each of the 4 bocconcini balls. Wrap each bocconcini with two slices of prosciutto, then place each in the center of the 4 flattened patties.
Pull the edges of the patties up along the sides of the prosciutto balls. Take the 4 remaining balls and form thin patties in your hand. Cover each prosciutto ball with each extra patty. Pinch the edges of both patties together to join them securely, then smooth them round again.
Once all four patties have been formed, spread evenly on the baking sheet and brush 1/2 tbsp low carb bbq sauce over each patty. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165°. Brush an additional 1/2 tbsp bbq sauce over each burger then turn oven to broil, just until the bbq sauce has caramelized, about a minute or two.
Serve hot with fresh shredded basil or on a 90 Second Keto Bread or Low Carb Onion Bun with mayo, low carb bbq sauce and fresh shredded basil.
Here are a few tips and tricks for making these Prosciutto Bocconcini Stuffed Low Carb Burgers.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct fibre (2g) and sugar alcohols (3g) from the total carbs to get 5.4 g net carbs per patty.
- Prosciutto... buy it fresh from the deli counter! You can ask for the exact thickness you like and ask them to lay the prosciutto flat with papers in between to avoid a sticky-rolled-up ball of sad prosciutto.
- Make sure you buy the correct bocconcini. There are usually a few sizes: mini mini, cocktail, medallion, and the regular bocconcini. In this recipe you'll need the regular size which comes with four balls of fresh mozzarella.
- Get your basil no more than two days before you plan on making this dish. Basil turns brown quickly so buy it fresh!
Serving: 1patty | Calories: 620kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.4g | Protein: 52.5g | Fat: 40.9g | Sodium: 1740mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar Alcohols: 3g | Net Carbs: 5.4g