Three Meat Keto Chili
Packed with all the flavour and none of the beans, this Keto Chili is crazy delicious, loaded with meats and spices, plus super easy to make!
Servings 6 bowls
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil divided
- 1 lb Italian sausage see notes
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp dehydrated red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth or bone stock
- 400 ml canned organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp liquid hickory smoke
- 2 tsp golden monk fruit sweetener
- ¾ lb Pulled Pork
Heat the oven to 300°. Grab an oven and stove top safe soup pot, like a cast iron dutch oven, and heat it on the stove on medium high heat with 1 tsp of avocado oil. Once hot, sear the Italian sausages in the pot. Chop the onion, celery and red bell pepper, then remove the sausage from the pot once all sides are golden and set aside to cool.
Add 2 tsp avocado oil to the pot and fry the chopped onion, celery and red pepper until soft. While they are frying, slice up the Italian sausages, dice the jalapeños (see notes) and mince the garlic or press it through a garlic press.
Add the jalapeños and garlic to the pot along with the red pepper flakes, then give it a stir. Add the ground beef, sliced Italian sausages, chili powder, paprika, cumin, sea salt and ground black pepper. Continue to cook until the beef is no longer pink.
Pour in the diced tomatoes, beef broth (or Bone Stock), liquid hickory smoke, sweetener and the pulled pork, then stir until fully mixed. Bring the Keto Chili to a boil, place a tight fitting oven safe lid on top, then place the whole thing in the oven. Bake for 2 hours, remove from the oven, give it a quick stir and divide into 6 bowls. Serve hot by itself or with sour cream and shredded cheddar.
How spicy do you want your Keto Chili to be?
SUPER MILD - Use Mild Italian sausage, remove and discard all of the jalapeño seeds and white pith, and either cut back the dehydrated red pepper flakes to 1/4 tsp, or remove completely.
MEDIUM - The way I like my chili, some spice without being too hot, use Mild Italian Sausage, remove and discard half of the jalapeño seeds and all of the white pith. Leave the dehydrated red pepper flakes at 1/2 tsp.
SUPER HOT - Use Hot Italian Sausage and keep all of the jalapeño seeds and white pith. Still not hot enough? Increase the amount of dehydrated red pepper flakes or think about adding some extra spicy peppers like habanero or cayenne.
- When handling jalapeño peppers, be careful because their juices can burn your skin. I always use gloves and be careful when chopping because their juices can squirt up. If you get it on your hands or face, first wash the area with olive oil to remove the bond, and then with warm water and soap.
- Don't have the time to bake the Keto Chili in the oven for two hours? Try this Instant Pot Low Carb Chili recipe!
- This Keto Chili freezes great! Pack any leftovers into freezer safe plastic bags or containers and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 630kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.8g | Protein: 33.6g | Fat: 48.8g | Sodium: 1620mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar Alcohols: 4.3g | Net Carbs: 5.5g