Delicious Low Carb Biscuits with Cheddar
These Delicious Low Carb Biscuits with Cheddar take 15 minutes from start to finish and are the perfect side dish for chili, soup, stew and chowder.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 8 biscuits
- 1.25 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp spicy spaghetti seasoning
- 1/3 cup full fat sour cream
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
Heat oven to 425° and spray the muffin tin with oil. Grate the cheddar cheese and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl combine the almond flour with baking powder, sea salt, garlic powder and spicy spaghetti seasoning.
In the second bowl whisk sour cream, eggs and melted butter until fully combined. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined and then fold in the grated cheddar cheese.
Scoop 1/4 cup batter into the muffin tins; you should get 7/8 portions. Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from the tin and diving in!
- Spray the tin well with spray oil to avoid the biscuits sticking to the muffin tin!
- Break down any clumps of almond flour you find while mixing it with the other dry ingredients.
- Make sure you melt the butter before mixing in the eggs and sour cream, other wise the batter will not have the right consistency.
- Allow the biscuits to cool for a couple of minutes, then use a knife to cut around each biscuit to ensure they have not stuck to the muffin tin.
- Store at room temperature in an air tight on container for 1-2 days, or refrigerate for up to 5 days. Want them to last longer? Toss them into a freezer safe ziploc and store them in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fibre from the total carbs to get 1.8 g net carbs per serving.
Serving: 1biscuit | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.7g | Protein: 7.4g | Fat: 19.3g | Sodium: 248mg | Fiber: 1.9g