Keto Marinara Sauce
This Keto Marinara Sauce is super fast to make, flavourful, absolutely delicious and very cost effective compared to store bought sugar free pasta sauce!
Servings 3 cups
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 28 oz organic diced tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp monk fruit / erythritol sweetener
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp dehydrated red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
Heat a saucepan on medium heat with the avocado (or olive oil). Mince the garlic and, once the oil is hot, add the garlic and fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in the diced tomatoes, water, red wine vinegar, sweetener, red pepper flakes, onion flakes, basil, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring the sugar free pasta sauce to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce.
Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce into a dreamy, creamy, smooth Keto Marinara Sauce.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct the fibre ( 1.1g ) and sugar alcohols ( 1g ) from the total carbs to get 4.1 g net carbs per 1/2 cup sauce.
- Use a garlic press to easily and efficiently press the garlic into smithereens.
- Leave your sugar free pasta sauce chunky if you prefer, though I highly recommend it nice and smooth!
- Don't have an immersion blender but want a smooth sauce? Cool it to room temperature and then blend in either a food processor or blender. After it is processed smooth, it can be returned to the saucepan to be reheated.
- Use this Keto Marinara Sauce immediately or cool to room temperature, pour into an air tight container or jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze and it will last 3-4 months!
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.3g | Protein: 0.8g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 520mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar Alcohols: 1g | Net Carbs: 4.1g