5 Minute Keto Cilantro Lime Dressing
With only 8 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of you time, this flavour packed Keto Cilantro Lime Dressing can be the star of your salad party!
Servings 1 cup
Juice the limes and pour the produced juice into the cup of an immersion blender. Mince a clove of garlic ( or use a garlic press ) and add to the cup along with the powdered sweetener, white wine vinegar, sea salt and black pepper.
Blend with the immersion blender until smooth, about 8-10 seconds. With one hand continue to blend the dressing and, with the other hand, slowly pour in the olive oil.
Mince the cilantro until you have ¼ cup packed. Add it to the dressing, then blend with the immersion blender for just a moment or two. I recommend refrigerating the dressing for an hour or two to allow the flavours to build.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct the fibre ( 0.2g ) and sugar alcohols ( 1g ) from the total carbs ( 1.9g ) to get 0.7 g net carbs per serving of 2 TBSP.
- Immersion Blender Magic - An immersion blender with cup will make your job sooo much easier. I find this kitchen tool essential when it comes to making salad dressings, never mind it's many other uses like pureeing soups and sauces. If you don't have one, the dressing can be made with a bowl and whisk. Just make sure you whip it really well as the olive oil is being poured slowly into the dressing - you could potentially have some major separation otherwise.
- Lime Juicer - this little tool came to be on Christmas morning from a very special man - Old St. Nick. Don't let this 'little tool' fool you - it's been one of my favourites! It's great for skipping the lime/lemon juice sting, cleans easy and the best part? The juice pours into a little cup that has measurements RIGHT ON IT! You can squeeze exactly how much lime/lemon juice you need for specific recipes!
- Powdered sweetener - If you are like me and enjoy saving bucks where you can, you'll love this - buy granular sweetener like this one from So Nourished. Grab a clean coffee grinder, add 1/4 cup granular sweetener and grind for a minute or two.. voila! Powdered sweetener! I like to make a big batch and store it in an air tight container in my cupboard.
- Refrigerate - Like most dressings, the flavour of this Keto Cilantro Lime Dressing builds once it sits in the refrigerator. If you have the time to wait, I suggest you take it!
Serving: 2TBSP | Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.9g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 13.5g | Sodium: 75mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar Alcohols: 1g | Net Carbs: 0.7g