Keto Butter Chicken
Get your YUM on with this Keto Butter Chicken, featuring chicken breast drenched in a flavour packed and velvety smooth sauce, served over Cauliflower Rice.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast or boneless skinless thighs
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 ½ tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter divided
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced or grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 5.5 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
In a medium bowl combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, cayenne and salt, then mix well.
Chop the chicken into bite sized cubes and toss with the yogurt. Scrape into a large ziploc, remove the air then refrigerate for 1-24 hours.
Keto Butter Chicken
Heat a skillet on medium heat with 2 tbsp butter. Once hot, empty the contents of the bag into the skillet, cover and cook until the chickens internal temperature reaches 180°.
Heat a saucepan on medium high heat and add 2 tbsp butter. Chop the onion and add to the hot butter. Cook until translucent then stir in the minced garlic and ginger. Stir for a moment or two then add the remaining butter, heavy whipping cream and tomato paste.
Stir, then carefully puree until smooth with an immersion blender. Bring the sauce back up to a simmer, then add in the cooked chicken and stir to combine.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fibre ( 2.6 g ) from the total carbs to get 7.4 g net carbs per serving.
- If you don't have an immersion blender, you can cool the sauce and puree in a blender until smooth, or skip this step all together. Butter Chicken is supposed to have a soft, silky texture, but if you don't care about that, save yourself a step. Personally, I love the texture of the smooth sauce.
- See post above for a drool worthy pizza idea to use up any leftovers.
- See post above for slow cooker instructions.
Serving: 6servings | Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 41.3g | Fat: 34.1g | Sodium: 817mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Net Carbs: 7.4g