Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade
Perfect for chicken, salmon or beef, this Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade is simple, easy and absolutely delicious!
Servings 1 cups
- 1/2 cup soy sauce golden dragon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup lakanto golden monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
For marinade (not thickened)
In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, water, apple cider vinegar, sukrin gold, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and sesame seeds. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Cool completely to use as a marinade.
For sauce (thickened)
In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, water, apple cider vinegar, sukrin gold, ginger, garlic and sesame seeds. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
Whisk xanthan gum and sesame oil in a small bowl then stir into the sauce until thick, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and use hot for slow cooker teriyaki or stir fry.
- For strict keto, substitute the soy sauce for coconut aminos.
- Be sure to mix the xanthan gum into the sesame oil before adding it to the hot sauce, otherwise it will make your Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce clumpy!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct fibre (0.1g) and sugar alcohols (5 g) from the total carbs to get 1 g net carbs per serving.
Serving: 2tbsp | Calories: 6.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.1g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 329mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar Alcohols: 5g | Net Carbs: 1g