Ranch Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheddar
Throw this Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheese together in no time with 7 simple ingredients for an excellent low carb side dish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 medium heads broccoli
- 200 g cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp green onions
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup ranch dressing try this homemade one!
Heat a skillet on medium heat and once hot, add the bacon and fry until crisp, then remove and set aside to cool.
While the bacon is frying, chop the cauliflower and broccoli into bite sized pieces. Add them to a medium mixing bowl. Dice the cheese into 1/2 inch cubes then toss it in with the cauliflower.
Chop the green onion and add to the cauliflower along with the pumpkin seeds. Stir in the ranch dressing then crumble the bacon into the salad. Toss to coat.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Chop the broccoli and cauliflower into bite sized pieces - if they are too large, it will make this salad more difficult to eat.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, that way there will be that added salty crunch we all love!
- Try a Homemade Ranch Dressing - it is so much more flavourful than store bought.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
This salad should make about 8 cups.
Deduct fibre from the total carbs to get 5.2 g net carbs per 1 cup serving.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.1g | Protein: 12.9g | Fat: 23.9g | Sodium: 443mg | Fiber: 3.9g