Throw this Keto Salsa together in less than ten minutes with a quick blitz. It's packed with flavour and perfect for chips n' dip or tacos!
Servings 4 servings
- 14 oz can organic diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup onion white or red
- 1 small jalapeño
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp sea salt
Rough chop the cilantro and then dice the onion and jalapeño *see notes 2 & 3. Add them to a food processor with the tomatoes and sea salt, then squeeze the lime overtop. Process in the food processor for just a moment or two, until the Keto Salsa has reached your desired consistency.
Refrigerate for an hour if possible for the flavours to build. Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to a week.
- Diced Tomatoes - Use organic diced tomatoes with no additives. Depending on the brand, the tomatoes will be more or less liquidy, which will change the texture of your Keto Salsa. Experiment with different brands to find your perfect match!
- Choose your heat level. If you would like a mild salsa, discard the white pith and the seeds. I like a medium salsa so I discard the white pith and keep about half of the seeds. Like it hot? Use the whole jalapeño. If it still isn't hot enough, try adding 1/4 tsp ground cayenne.
- Avoid the jalapeño burn by wearing gloves when working with this mean pepper. If you get the juice on your hands, or it squirts up anywhere else on your skin, you could start feeling the burn hours later. To remove the juice, first wash the area with olive oil before washing with warm soapy water.
- Start by blending for one second only, then take a look at your Keto Salsa. Blend in one second increments until it has reached your desired consistency!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Nutrition facts are for 1/4 of the whole recipe, which works out to be just under 1/2 cup per serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 28.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 0.1g | Sodium: 464mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Net Carbs: 4.8g