Keto Peanut Sauce
Take food to the next level with this quick and delicious 5 Minute Keto Peanut Sauce. It's perfect for dipping, drenching and especially finger licking!
Servings 21 TBSP
- ½ cup organic peanut butter with no additives
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp honey substitute
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.5 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic
Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, honey substitute, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes to the cup of an immersion blender.
Peel the ginger and garlic and grate them both with the small size of a cheese grater or zester, then add to the cup. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Refrigerate for an hour so the flavour can build, if you have time, otherwise enjoy right away!
- Make sure to use organic peanut butter with no additives. If your peanut butter has salt in it, it may be too salty. You could try adding a little less soy sauce or coconut aminos to counteract the saltiness.
- Can't find it a honey substitute? You can replace it with 3-4 TBSP powdered sweetener, though this sauce will definitely be lacking that honey flavour. I recommend using Lakanto's Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener and grinding it in a clean coffee grinder to turn it into powder. Start with 3 tbsp, taste, then add more if needed.
- This can also be made in a blender or food processor. Don't have either? Simply add the ingredients to a bowl and whisk, though it will not be as smooth.
- Don't have fresh ginger or garlic? This Keto Peanut Sauce is SO much tastier with fresh ingredients, but in a pinch, the garlic can be replaced with 1/8 tsp garlic powder and the ginger can be replaced with 1/4 tsp ground ginger.
- This sauce is super thick, perfect for dipping. If you want more of a thin dressing, more water can be added until it has reached the desired thickness.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct fibre ( 0.8 g ) and sugar alcohols ( 2.9 g ) from the total carbs to get 2.3 g net carbs for 2 TBSP of Keto Peanut Sauce.
Serving: 2TBSP | Calories: 80.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5.6g | Sodium: 192mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar Alcohols: 2.9g | Net Carbs: 2.3g