Keto Everything Bagels
Switch up breakfast with a cream cheese loaded Keto Everything Bagel or make some delicious sandwiches for lunch. They are fun and easy to create!
Servings 4 bagels
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¾ cup mozzarella *see note 1
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 eggs divided
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp dehydrated onion flaked
- ¼ tsp poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
Make the dough
Heat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with either baking mat or parchment.
In medium bowl combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, baking powder, baking soda, garlic and onion powder. Mix well to remove all lumps from the parmesan and almond flour. Mix the grated mozzarella into the almond flour until fully coated then plop the butter right on top.
Microwave for 1 minute, stir well with wooden spoon, then microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Knead the dough to ensure that all the mozzarella has been melted and if not, microwave for an additional 15 seconds *see note 2.
Crack in 1 full egg and 1 egg white, reserving the 1 egg yolk for later. Knead the eggs in until fully combined, then gently fold in the vinegar *see note 3.
Form the bagels
Oil your hands and work station with the spray oil or a bowl of olive oil; this dough is very sticky.
Turn the dough onto your oiled work surface and cut into four even sections. With oiled hands, work each portion into a log, then pinch both ends together to form a circle *see notes 4&5. Place all four onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving room in between for spreading while baking.
Mix the egg yolk and brush over the tops of the bagels. Mix the topping ingredients then sprinkle the entire amount evenly over the bagels.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fibre from the total carbs to get 3.1 g net carbs per bagel.
- Use freshly grated mozzarella in this Keto Bagels recipe. Pre grated mozzarella is often packed with additives to help keep the cheese from clumping. This means that a.) it contains unnecessary carbohydrates and b.) it doesn’t melt all that good, which messes with your dough.
- Make sure the mozzarella is fully melted before kneading in the egg and vinegar. If not, heat for additional 15 second increments until it is.
- Do not over mix the vinegar, or your Keto Everything Bagels could turn out small and flat.
- Olive oil works wonders to help work the dough. It is a very sticky dough and could be frustrating if you don’t oil your hands and work station.
- The Keto Bagels will spread outwards, rather than upwards, while baking. They should be shaped with high sides to avoid overly flat bagels.
- Make sure the tops of the bagels are nice and golden brown before removing from the oven to ensure they are fully baked.
Serving: 1bagel | Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.3g | Protein: 15.4g | Fat: 29.5g | Sodium: 403mg | Fiber: 3.2g | Net Carbs: 3.1g