Low Carb Breakfast Burritos with Ham, Peppers and Cheese
In a hurry? Have these Low Carb Breakfast Burritos ready and stored in your freezer for a delicious and filling breakfast on the go.
Servings 16 breakfast burritos
- 16 low carb tortillas see post above for options
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 red or green pepper
- ¾ lb cooked ham look for instore cooked ham if available
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded aged cheddar cheese
Heat a skillet on medium high heat then add the butter. While it's melting dice up the onion, pepper and ham into small cubes. Add all three to the melted butter and fry until the edges of the ham have crisped and the onion is translucent. Reduce the heat to low.
Scramble the eggs with heavy whipping cream, salt and pepper. Add to the fried ham and continue stirring until the eggs are fully cooked. Remove from the heat.
Shred the cheese then lay out 16 low carb tortillas. Place 1/3 cup egg mixture onto the center of each tortilla in a log shape and top with 2 tbsp grated cheese.
Roll up the tortillas then wrap them in tin foil. Place into freezer safe ziploc bags and store in the freezer.
- Buy ham fresh from a deli department so that you can get it sliced thick and also, choose a ham that is fresh and free from added preservatives. Dice it nice and small so that these burritos are easier to eat and so that there is more ham to go around.
- Be sure to wait until the skillet is nice and hot before adding the ham, pepper and onion. This will ensure your veggies and ham get a nice crisp layer without becoming dry in the middle.
- Don't have tin foil? You can also wrap the breakfast burritos in wax paper before freezing.
- Learn how to wrap a burrito properly but follow the steps in the post.
- Remove tin foil then microwave until fully heated.
- Thaw overnight, leave the tin foil on and bake at 350° for about 30 minutes until fully heated.
- Thaw overnight or microwave to thaw then grill on a panini grill for a couple of minutes until fully heated.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fibre from total carbs to get 4.1 g net carbs per breakfast burrito.
Serving: 1burrito | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.2g | Protein: 16.8g | Fat: 13.6g | Sodium: 627mg | Fiber: 4.1g | Net Carbs: 4.1g