Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
These are the best Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies! They are quick and easy to whip up when craving sweets and who doesn't love a good peanut butter cookie?
Servings 8 cookies
Heat oven to 350°. In a medium mixing bowl, cream the peanut butter and sweetener using an electric mixer, then scrape the bowl. Add the egg, vanilla, sea salt and baking powder and mix until fully combined.
Place a non stick baking mat or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and dump the dough on top, then roll it into a log. Cut into 8 equal pieces. Roll each into a ball, space them evenly on the cookie sheet and flatten slightly with your hand. Dip a fork in a bowl of water and press into each cookie in a criss cross pattern.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies have browned a little bit on the bottom and outer edges. Cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- Hate mixing organic peanut butter when you first open it? Try using an electric mixer with only one beater attached.. it mixes peanut butter up easily and effectively.
- Does your peanut butter contain salt? If yes, cut the salt in the recipe down from 1/2 tsp to 1/4 tsp.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack or plate to fully cool. These cookies are easily damaged when warm if not careful, but totally solid once cooled!
- These Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies will stay fresh for a couple of days if kept in an air tight container at room temperature. Want them to last longer? They will last 4-5 months in the freezer.
- Try these beauties dipped in unsweetened almond milk!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct the fibre ( 2g ) and sugar alcohols ( 12g ) from the total carbs ( 18.1g ) to get 4.1 g net carbs per cookie.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.1g | Protein: 8.8g | Fat: 16.6g | Sodium: 162mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar Alcohols: 12g | Net Carbs: 4.1g