Creamy Keto Mushroom Sauce
Searching for a yummy Keto Mushroom Sauce? Look no further! In 20 minutes you will have a deliciously creamy sauce to top that steak, chicken or smother your roasted veggies with!
Servings 6 servings
- 10 white mushrooms
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
Heat a saucepan on medium high heat and add some butter. Wash the mushrooms, trim the ends from the stem, then slice them up. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
Once the butter is melted and hot, fry onions, garlic and mushrooms until the mushrooms are soft and golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add beef broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
Carefully puree the goods with an immersion blender until the sauce is thick and creamy. Mix in the heavy cream and sour cream, and heat until sauce is thoroughly heated. Serve hot!
- Ensure the mushrooms are throughly cleaned! They can pack around a lot of dirt - which we do not want in our mushroom sauce!
- Make sure the mushrooms are cooked until they have browned and turned soft - this is for texture and flavour purposes.
- Prefer a chunky sauce? Don't puree your sauce at all!
- Want a creamy sauce but don't have an immersion blender? Cool the sauce, puree using a blender, then return your sauce to the saucepan / skillet and heat to 165° before serving.
- Alternately you can use a skillet instead of a saucepan, however, if you would like to puree this sauce with an immersion blender, rather than puree it using a blender, or leaving it chunky, it is easier done so in a saucepan.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fibre from the total carbs to get 3 g net carbs per serving of 1/4 cup.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 1.8g | Fat: 14.3g | Sodium: 202mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Net Carbs: 3g