Instant Pot Low Carb Chicken Vegetable Soup
Warm your bones with this delicious and nutritious Instant Pot Low Carb Chicken Vegetable Soup filled with veggies, chicken and herbs.
Servings 8 bowls
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 ¼ lbs boneless skinless thighs or debone and deskin 2 lbs chicken thighs
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup green beans trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 9 cups chicken broth or bone stock
Heat the Instant Pot on saute mode and add oil. Once hot, mix the salt and pepper into the chicken thighs then sear in the hot oil until both sides have browned. Remove from the Instant Pot and set aside.
With the machine still on, deglaze the Instant Pot with 1/2c chicken broth or bone stock. Scrape off all of the little bits that have stuck to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Shut of the Instant Pot and place the chicken thighs back inside, right into the 1/2c chicken stock.
Add the chopped vegetables to the Instant Pot along with the garlic, thyme and rosemary. Pour in the chicken broth or bone stock, careful not to add more than the max fill line. Close the lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealed position.
Turn the Instant Pot onto the High Pressure setting and cook for 25 minutes. Once the cooking time is complete, you can very carefully, using the necessary safety precautions, quick release.
Use a slotted spoon to pull the chicken thighs from the Instant Pot and place on a plate. Shred the chicken with two forks then stir back into the soup. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Did you get a good deal on boneless skinless chicken thighs? Lucky! If not, and you bought bone in and skin on, you'll want to begin with deboning your chicken thighs and removing the skin. Here's a video to watch how it's done.
- Be sure to deglaze the Instant Pot throughly by scrubbing off all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pot after searing the chicken. This will help to avoid the BURN error, where you'd have to start all over again!
- Do not over fill the Instant Pot with chicken stock! Be sure you do not fill past that max fill line.
- Be sure that the steam release valve is in the secure 'sealed' position before turning the machine on to the pressure cook setting. When releasing the valve, be very cautious and back away quickly because the releasing steam is very hot and highly pressured.
- If you aren't in a hurry to eat, go ahead and naturally release for as long as you'd like. Keep in mind some of the veggies might be super soft if left for too long, like the cauliflower and green beans.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct the fibre from total carbs to get 5.2 g net carbs per bowl.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.2g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 1280mg | Fiber: 2g | Net Carbs: 5.2g