Crunchy Low Carb Cheese Crackers
Get your crunch on with these Low Carb Cheese Crackers! Crispy and salty, these keto snacks are super sturdy, perfect for all your dipping needs!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 17 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
Servings 24 crackers
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp coarse ground grey sea salt divided. * do not use finely ground salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp butter
Medium Mixing Bowl
Parchment and Wax Paper
Fondant Cutter or Pizza Cutter
Heat oven to 300°. Cut a piece of parchment the size of a cookie sheet and spray with avocado or olive oil. Melt the butter and set aside.
In a medium bowl sift in almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, 1/4 tsp coarse ground sea salt and mix well. Using the small size cheese grater, or a zester, finely grate the cheddar cheese. Mix well into the flour, then knead in the egg white and melted butter until fully combined.
Dump onto the oiled parchment paper. Spray a sheet of wax paper with the oil and place over top of the dough. Roll out into a rectangle as best you can, until the dough is about 3-4mm in thickness. Patch where necessary. The rectangle should be about 20cms by 30cms.
Remove and discard the wax paper. Cut the dough into squares using a fondant cutter, knife or pizza wheel. Do not separate the crackers. Sprinkle a pinch or two of coarse ground sea salt evenly over the surface of the crackers. Slide the parchment onto a baking sheet and bake on the middle rack, in the preheated oven, for 10 minutes.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven, then slice the crackers along the cut edges. Separate the crackers, flip them over and space them out evenly throughout the baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes longer, depending on how thick the crackers are, until lightly golden brown. You may need to remove some, then bake the rest for longer until each is lightly golden brown.
Cool completely and enjoy! Store in an air tight container at room temperature. These beauties will be in their prime for up to 7 days.
Store in an air tight container at room temperature.
- Don't have a sifter? Use a fork to break up all the flour clumps.
- This dough is super sticky! This is why we cover the dough with an oiled piece of wax paper before rolling out with a rolling pin.
- You can continue to roll out the dough, trim it and patch it, as many times as it takes until you are fully satisfied with your rectangle. Aim for a rectangle that is roughly 20 cms X 30 cms.
- After the dough has cut into squares, do not try to separate them at this point! They will just mush on you.
- Some of the crackers will bake faster than others, depending on how thick the dough was in certain areas. Check for doneness after 5 minutes into the second bake time and remove the crackers that are nice and golden. Return the under baked crackers to the oven and bake for an addition 3 minutes or so, until they are golden brown.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct the fibre from total carbs to get 1.7 g net carbs per serving.
Serving: 6crackers | Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7.2g | Fat: 19.6g | Sodium: 338mg | Fiber: 2.3g