Chocolate Almond Low Carb Truffles
Treat yourself to these incredibly delicious Chocolate Almond Low Carb Truffles for a dessert or snack that is toasty, crunchy, rich and dreamy.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Resting Time 1 hour
Servings 15 truffles
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 6 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds see post above about toasting almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup toasted slivered almonds see post above about toasting almonds
- 2 oz 90% cocoa dark chocolate or your preferred low carb chocolate
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp powdered erythritol
Melt butter in a small bowl. Mince 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds and add them to the butter with almond butter, 6 tbsp erythritol, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt. Mix well and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with wax paper and scoop out 1 tbsp sized portions, roll each into a ball and place evenly on the baking sheet, leaving room in between so that they don't touch each other. Freeze for 20 minutes.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct fibre (2.1 g) and sugar alcohols (0.6 g) to get 1.9 g net carbs per serving.
Serving: 1truffle | Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.6g | Protein: 3.5g | Fat: 12.1g | Sodium: 43mg | Fiber: 2.1g