Low Carb Broccoli Salad with Bacon, Cheddar and Kale
This Low Carb Broccoli Salad with Bacon, Cheddar and Kale will be your new best friend. It pairs great with a ton of dishes and is completely guilt free!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 tbsp powdered monk fruit / erythritol sweetener
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large or 2 medium heads broccoli (about 3.5 cups diced)
- 2 leaves kale
- 100 grams aged white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted & salted sunflower kernels
- 2 tbsp green onion
Heat a skillet on medium heat and once hot, add the bacon and cook until nice and crispy. Set aside to cool.
In a mixing bowl whisk the white wine vinegar together with the sweetener until the sweetener is completely dissolved. Whisk in sour cream and mayonnaise.
Chop the broccoli, kale, cheese, green onion and bacon. Toss everything into the mixing bowl along with the sunflower kernels and using a spatula, mix until the dressing has been coated evenly amongst the veggies.
- Fry the bacon until crisp - that way the bacon won't get lost in the salad, but rather it will stand out.
- Chop the broccoli into small, bite sized pieces, to make the salad easier to eat.
- Remove the rib from the center of each piece of kale - trust me, you don't want to eat it!
- This salad will last for a couple of days in the fridge. Keep the dressing separate from the rest of the salad if you would like to keep it fresh longer.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct fibre (2.9 g) and sugar alcohols (7.5 g) from the total carbs to get 4.5 g net carbs per serving.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.9g | Protein: 13.4g | Fat: 30.6g | Sodium: 863mg | Fiber: 2.9g