Easy Slow Cooker Thai Coconut Curry Chicken
This Easy Slow Cooker Thai Coconut Curry Chicken will blow your mind with it's incredible flavour and simplicity. Plus it's low carb!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cans premium organic coconut milk
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt plus extra for seasoning chicken
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper plus extra for seasoning chicken
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 3 jalapeños
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 20 leaves fresh basil
Heat a skillet on medium high and season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. When the skillet is hot, sear both sides of the chicken thighs until golden.
Mince the ginger and garlic, dice the red onion and jalapeños. * see notes about jalapeños.
To the slow cooker add the coconut milk, yellow curry powder, dried basil, chili powder, salt, black pepper, garlic, ginger, red onion and jalapeños. Mix well then add the chicken thighs and toss. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Pull the chicken out of the slow cooker onto a plate and shred using two forks. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker. Slice up the fresh basil and mix into the curry. Serve hot!
- The jalapeño seeds are spicy, so if you aren't into spicy curry, I highly recommend you remove all of the seeds. If you like it spicy, some can be left in.
- Careful when dicing up those jalapeños! The juice can burn your skin so I highly recommend using gloves when working with jalapeños. If the juice gets on your skin, wash it first with olive oil to break the bond, and then wash with soap and water.
- Chicken breast also works in this recipe if you prefer, although thighs have an excellent texture for this dish.
- You can cut down on the jalapeños or chilli powder for a milder flavour.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fibre from the total carbs to get 6.8 g net carbs per serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.1g | Protein: 53.1g | Fat: 34.5g | Sodium: 540mg | Fiber: 4.3g | Net Carbs: 6.8g