Grab your low carb chips and crackers and get ready to indulge is avocado heaven with this easy and delicious Keto Guacamole garnished with crispy bacon!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 avocados see note 1
- 1 lime
- 1 large clove garlic
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
Heat a skillet on medium and fry the bacon until crisp, then set aside on a piece of paper towel to soak up the grease. Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pits *see note 2. Scoop all of the avocado out into a mixing bowl and then mash with a fork until it is as smooth as you like it *see note 3.
Dice the red onion finely *see note 4. Mince the cilantro and then either finely mince the garlic or run it through a garlic press. Add the onion, cilantro, garlic, sea salt, black pepper and cayenne to the bowl with the mashed avocado. Squeeze the juice from the lime overtop of the bowl and then mix it all together.
If you have time, allow the Keto Guacamole to rest for an hour before serving to allow the flavours to build. Taste and add 1/4-1/2 tsp more if needed!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
- Avocados- The hunt for the perfect avocados can be so frustrating, especially if you live in a small town like I do! Most of the time I can only find hard, bright green, avocados. What you need for this Keto Guacamole is avocados that are perfectly soft, not hard or squishy, but perfectly soft. They will be dark green and you can pop the little nub at the end off to make sure the inside is green. If the inside is brown, it is over ripe. If you can usually only find hard, bright green avocados, buy them a few days in advance and stick them in a bowl next to some bananas. Both the banana and the avocado will ripen quickly this way!
- Did you know that avocados are known to send people to the hospital?! How annoying! It is simply because slicing them open and removing the pit, without the proper technique, can be dangerous. Not good. Watch this video to learn how to safely cut open and remove the pit!
- Some people like it chunky and some like it smooth, either way you prefer, mash that avocado until it's perfect for you!
- Be sure to dice the onion very fine. You want all that tastiness to go around rather than biting into large pieces of onion!
- This Keto Guacamole does not last for a very long time, it will go brown quickly. You've got about a day, maybe two, so enjoy this tasty dip before it turns brown!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2.1g | Fat: 14.8g | Sodium: 201mg | Fiber: 6.7g | Net Carbs: 3.3g