Classic Keto BLT
Ready in 15 minutes, this Keto BLT features the classic salty bacon, fresh tomato and crisp lettuce, made keto friendly with a fast and easy keto bread!
Servings 1 Keto BLT
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 leaves leaf lettuce
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp parmesan
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 tbsp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
Heat a skillet on medium heat and fry the bacon until crisp, then place on paper towel and set aside.
In the meantime, add the almond flour to a microwave safe dish with the parmesan, baking powder, onion powder and salt. Mix, then stir in the shredded cheddar. Whisk in the olive oil and egg until fully combined, then microwave for 90 seconds.
Allow the bread to cool for a minute or two, then remove the bread from the dish. Heat a skillet on medium high heat with the butter. Carefully slice the bread in half, horizontally, so that you end up with two thin slices, then place them in the skillet when the butter is hot.
Cook until the bread is golden, then flip both sides over and cook until the other sides are golden as well. Remove from the heat and cover both pieces with the mayo. Place the slices of tomato on the bottom bread, the lettuce, cooked bacon and then place the top bread on top. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fibre from the total carbs to get 3.4 g net carbs for the whole BLT.
- Have your own favourite keto bread? Use it instead!
- If the bread isn't fully cooked after the 90 seconds are up, microwave for an additional 10 seconds.
- Don't have a microwave? Spray an oven safe dish, 4-5" wide, with cooking spray oil and then add the mixed bread ingredients. Bake it in a 350° oven for about 15 minutes, until the bread it fully cooked through. Continue on with the slicing and frying method.
- Be sure the butter in the skillet is nice and hot before adding the bread so that is gets golden and crisp.
Serving: 1BLT | Calories: 637kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.4g | Protein: 26.3g | Fat: 56.1g | Sodium: 1051mg | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 3.4g