Low Carb Hamburger Soup
You won't miss the carbs in this delicious Low Carb Hamburger Soup. Loaded with cauliflower and tomatoes, this hot bowl of yumminess will be the guilt free delight of your day.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 bowls
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¾ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tbsp monk fruit / erythritol sweetener
- ¼ cup organic tomato paste
- 800 ml can organic diced tomatoes
- ½ lb green beans
- 8 cups beef broth or bone stock
Wash your veggies, then heat a soup pot on medium heat with a touch of oil. Chop up the onion, red pepper, green pepper and celery, and add each to the pot once the oil is hot. Cook until the onion is translucent, stirring the veggies frequently.
Mince the garlic with a knife or garlic press and add it to the pot with the ground beef, salt, pepper, basil, thyme, oregano and parsley. Stir well and then cook until the ground beef is no longer pink.
In the meantime, chop cauliflower into small pieces, trim the ends off of the green beans and chop them into 1" pieces. Once the beef is no longer pink, stir in the cauliflower, sweetener, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and green beans. Pour in the beef broth or bone stock until the ingredients are completely submerged in stock, about 8 cups.
Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Chop / dice those veggies up small enough so that you can have more than one veggie at a time on your spoon!
- Want to add even more nutrition to this already nutritious bowl of goodness? Use bone stock! Never made it before? Check out this How to Make Bone Stock recipe.
- This Keto Hamburger Soup freezes great! Cool the soup to at least room temperature, then pack it into single sized portions using freezer safe ziploc bags or containers. Store in the freezer! It will last 4-6 months in the freezer.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct fibre ( 3.8g ) and sugar alcohols ( 1.5g ) from the total carbs to get 7.1 g net carbs per bowl.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.4g | Protein: 20.8g | Fat: 16.3g | Sodium: 1282mg | Fiber: 3.8g