Keto Grilled Cheese
Cheesy toasty goodness!! This Keto Grilled Cheese is ready in 10 minutes for a quick and easy lunch. Try it with pulled pork for an extra delicious spin!
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 sandwich
- 50-75 grams cheddar cheese sliced
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp butter
Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Slice the cheese for the sandwich and set aside.
Combine almond flour, parmesan, baking powder, onion powder and sea salt in the square microwave safe dish and whisk to combine then mix in the shredded cheddar.
Crack in and egg, add the olive oil and whisk until fully combined. Microwave for 90 seconds.
Flip the container over so that the bread pops out, then let it cool for a minute or two. Slice the bread in half, through the middle, so that you have two thin square slices of bread.
Add 1/2 tbsp butter to the hot skillet, stir it around, then place both slices of bread onto the hot butter. Cook for a couple of minutes until the bread is toasty, then flip them both over.
Cover both breads in mayo then lay the cheese on one side. Flip the other bread over top of the cheese so that the mayo side is laying on top of the cheese.
Fry for another minute or so until the bottom of the sandwich is toasty. Flip the sandwich over and cook for another minute or two until the bottom bread is toasty and the cheese is melty. Serve hot.
See post above for:
- Other ingredient addition ideas
- Oven instructions
- Process photos
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fibre from total carbs to get 1.9 g net carbs for 1 Keto Grilled Cheese.
- Do you like extra melty cheese? I do! It helps to leave your cheese at room temperature for an hour or two so that it is warm. This makes the cheese super melty when you go to make your grilled cheese.
- If the bread seems wet after the 90 seconds in the microwave, add an additional 15 seconds to ensure it is cooked all the way through.
- Make sure your skillet is nice and hot before adding the butter then the bread. If it is not hot enough, the bread won't toast properly, making it soggy and sad. You want the bread to end up with that beautiful deep golden colour.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 665kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.2g | Protein: 25.3g | Fat: 60.1g | Sodium: 797mg | Fiber: 2.3g