Low Carb Baked Chicken Wings with Epic Dry Rub
The perfect addition to appie night, these flavour packed Low Carb Baked Chicken Wings are finger lickin' delicious and would make a great potluck dish!
Servings 2 lbs
- 1 tsp sukrin gold low carb sweetener
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
Heat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with a non stick baking mat or parchment paper.
In a bowl combine the rub ingredients and mix well. Add the chicken wings and mix well until all the rub has been mixed into the wings. Place the chicken wings evenly on the baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, flipping halfway, until the chicken wings are nice and toasty.
Cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
* Make sure you sanitize your hands and mixing bowl after working with raw chicken.
I think wings are best when they are super crispy. This is why the baking time is quite long and the oven temperature so high. If you like them more juicy, just cook the wings until the internal temperature is at least 180°.
Do you like spicy wings? Increase the cayenne to 1/4 - 1/2 tsp!
- Wings are excellent straight from the fridge as well, so no need to reheat these beauties if you are taking them to a barbecue or potluck.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct fibre ( 0.9g ) and sugar alcohols ( 1g ) from the total carbs to get 1.6 g net carbs per 1/2 lb.
Serving: 0.5lb | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 22.8g | Fat: 13.5g | Sodium: 429mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar Alcohols: 1g | Net Carbs: 1.6g