Instant Pot Low Carb Ribs
Ready in under an hour, these mouthwatering Istant Pot Low Carb Ribs are perfectly spiced with fall-off-the-bone perfection.
Servings 4 people
- 1-1.5 kg pork ribs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid hickory smoke
- 1 ½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ - 1 tsp cayenne *see notes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sukrin gold
Place trivet inside the Instant Pot and pour in the water, apple cider vinegar and liquid hickory smoke. Combine rub ingredients and set aside.
Flip ribs onto their meaty side and remove the membrane with a knife if still in tact. (Ribs come with the membrane already removed a lot of the time) Massage the whole batch of rub into the ribs, covering all surfaces including the meaty side, the back side and the edges.
Place the ribs inside the Instant Pot in a circle around the trivet, with the meaty side facing the walls of the Instant Pot and the backside facing the center. Turn the steam release valve to sealed and turn the Instant Pot to high pressure cooking for 25 minutes.
Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release to maximize flavour, or at least as long as you have time for before carefully quick releasing.
*Cayenne power - Do you like spicy ribs? Use the full 1 tsp cayenne powder in the rub. Don't like spicy as much? Use 1/4 tsp.
- Make sure you coat each and every side of the ribs in the rib rub, including along the tips of the protruding bones - we don't want to miss out on any flavour!
- Find an excellent sauce! There is a lot to say about good ribs. The cooking technique, the rub and the cut. All are important and have a major part to play in excellent ribs, but to me, none are as essential as the bbq sauce. Ribs a little dry? A little lacking in spice or not your favourite cut? All can be fixed or over looked with an epic bbq sauce. For this reason I make my own Low Carb BBQ Sauce!
- Do you prefer your ribs a little on the chewy side rather than fall-off-the-bone? Try 20 minutes of pressure cooking instead of the 25.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Nutrition facts do not include your choice of bbq sauce.
Deduct fibre (1.1g) and sugar alcohols (4.5g) from the total carbs (6.4g) to get 0.8 g net carbs per 1/4 lb.
Serving: 0.5lb | Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.4g | Protein: 23.8g | Fat: 35.4g | Sodium: 793mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar Alcohols: 4.5g | Net Carbs: 0.8g