The Best Low Carb Green Beans with Bacon and Almonds
Be careful, It's hard to stop when these Low Carb Green Beans are on the table! They are sweet, crunchy, toasty and absolutely delicious!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sukrin gold sweetener
- 1 lb green beans washed and trimmed
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds roasted
Heat pan on medium and once hot, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and add the minced garlic. Fry for a minute until aromatic then whisk in the soy sauce and sukrin gold.
Crumble the bacon and add to the pan with the green beans and almonds. Mix well then cover the pan with the lid. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the beans are vibrant in colour. Serve hot!
I've made this recipe A LOT so have a few tips and tricks that will make these delicious Low Carb Green Beans perfect every time.
- Buy fresh green beans without any brown marks and try to get them no longer than one day before you plan on making this recipe. Green beans brown very quickly and you want them at their best!
- Fry the bacon until super crispy otherwise you could lose the yummy crunch to this dish.
- Roasted almonds are important otherwise the other ingredients will drown out their yummy flavour.
- A tight fitting lid is a good idea so that the green beans can be steamed effectively.
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct fibre (4.4g) and sugar alcohols (8g) from the total carbs to get 4.9 g net carbs per serving.
Serving: 0.25lb | Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.3g | Protein: 7.6g | Fat: 7.2g | Sodium: 347mg | Fiber: 4.4g