Low Carb BBQ Meatball Panini
Meatballs? Smothered in BBQ sauce? In a Panini? This Low Carb BBQ Meatball Panini hits a home run for flavour, texture and straight up awesomeness.
Servings 1 panini
- 2 slices low carb sandwich bread
- 8 Low Carb Mini Meatballs with BBQ Sauce
- 3 slices aged cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
Reheat (or make) the Low Carb Mini Meatballs with BBQ Sauce until the internal temperature reaches 165° and heat the panini grill on high. Make your low carb sandwich bread; for this recipe I prefer Tomato Basil Low Carb Flatbread. You would get two sandwiches out of one full recipe and cut the bread into quarters.
Spread mayo on the inside of both top and bottom bread. Layer the cheese on the bottom bread, top with the heated meatballs and then the top bread.
Grill on the preheated panini grill until the cheese starts to melt. Yummy!
* This sandwich is super filling, I recommend eating only half... Unless you are really hungry! 🤷♀️
Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
* Net carb count excludes both fibre and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people.
Deduct fibre (4.7 g) and sugar alcohols (6 g) from the total carbs to get 11.3 g net carbs for the whole panini.
Serving: 1panini | Calories: 1153kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 67.1g | Fat: 89g | Sodium: 2636mg | Fiber: 4.7g | Sugar Alcohols: 6g | Net Carbs: 11.3g